Out of His League

Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 05 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #OutofHisLeague #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sometimes you've got to leave your heart on the field

Gretchen Harper has always been practical. Dependable, solid, predictable. She’s never taken risks, and she’s especially never bought coffee for gorgeous professional athletes in airports. That is, until she meets her favorite baseball player on the worst day of his career.

Being sent to the minor league is just the first of Joshua Malvern’s many worries—he’s got an injury that won’t heal and his entire career and future are on the line. When a beautiful woman offers him coffee, that simple kindness is exactly what he needs to lift him out of his funk. He asks her to join him in first class, not expecting to end up joining her in bed.

What starts as a one night stand ends up holding the promise for so much more. And while stepping out of her comfort zone has never been Gretchen’s style, for a chance at true love she’ll have to decide whether she’ll swing for the fences, even if it means striking out.

Sometimes you've got to leave your heart on the field

ISBN 9781990259067

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Any book that involves a hot baseball player and a fling, you know is going to deliver! Out of His League by Caroline Richardson was so good I couldn't put it down. This is definitely a one sitting read! This book makes you laugh, warms your heart, and shed a few tears! Hands down this was an out of the park home run!

Love it its a definitely not a book you can put down I read itbin one day! I love that the characters in the book kinda love at first sight and it's so sweet and and special

Out of His League is a romantic and flirty sports romance that I adored! Caroline Richardson writes a cute page-turner that I just couldn't get enough of. Gretchen is a sommelier who is on her way to Vegas. When she sees one of her favorite professional MLB players, she decides to take a risk. She knows that isn't having a great day because he is being sent to the minor leagues so instead of asking for an autograph she buys him a cup of coffee. It's bold and Josh approves. Josh is a professional baseball player who is dealing with an injury and being sent to the minors. He is normally in a mood when it comes to fans because he doesn't like all of the attention, but when Gretchen buys him a cup of coffee he can't help but feel the attraction. She is kind, sweet, and sexy. They are boarding the same flight and he buys her a first-class ticket sitting next to him. They bond so quickly on the flight and when they land neither want to say goodbye. They decide to spend time together in Vegas and one thing leads to another. Neither Josh nor Gretchen are the one-night-stand type of people and yet they are anticipating spending the night together. One night will be enough right? I give Out of His League 5 stars. I love sports romance and as I am watching the World Series it just reminds me of my love for baseball romances. And it made me love this book even more. The chemistry between Josh and Gretchen is fantastic. This is a bit of a quick love but it feels so right. I loved the whole journey they took personally, professionally, and together. If you enjoy reading sports romance, then you NEED to read this as soon as you can!

This book is the definition of a sweet light-hearted romance. After a chance meeting in an airport, Gretchen decides to cheer up a baseball idol of hers, one things leads to another and the one-night-stand between this sommelier and baseball player (that's definitely new combination for me), leads to something much more. This book was so cute, and it's impossible not to love Gretchen and Josh, each being described as a marshmallow and a puppy dog at points. I enjoyed the twists and roadblocks that effected their relationship, it felt real, but there was never any dark or heart-breaking moments - something I try to avoid in my romance books. The characters surrounding our main characters seemed very fleshed out and had depth, so much that I really want to find out what if anything happens to Earl and Sharla?! I wish there had been slightly more build up of the relationship in order to get some more suspense as the insta-love trope is not usually a go-to of mine, but as I continued reading I did fall in love with this book, just took a few more pages than I thought it might.

I really loved this book, and hoping the parallel characters get a spin off sequel. I thought the descriptions and story line were really great

I really enjoyed this book. It was well paced and the characters were fully formed. I would enjoy reading other work by this author in the future.

I really enjoyed Gretchen! I love that she treated her favorite baseball player (Josh) as an actual human. She saw his bad day, and wanted to make it better. This was a very fun contemporary romance, that I look forward to rereading in the future!

Absolutely loved this feeling good book! Enjoyed the characters and the story. The story flowed nicely and had me reading until the end. This is a wonderful story and a great read, I highly recommend this book!

i really enjoyed this book! it was so cute and sweet, and refreshing! None of the usual tropes here - the couple was communicative and good for each other. I was entralled in it from start to finish, and definitely believed the story.

Any book that combines my big love for both wine and baseball has me at hello. This one grabbed me from the first few paragraphs and did not disappoint. Gretchen, a late twenty-something sommelier happens to spot her Major League Baseball crush, Josh, in an airport bar while waiting for her flight to a wine convention in Vegas. She has a bit of time, and noticing that he looks rather down, throws caution to the wind and buys him a cup of coffee. That uncharacteristically bold gesture on her part turns into a few days of fun, or perhaps even more. Josh is headed to Vegas, because his Big League team is sending him down to the minors at what could be the end of his major league baseball career. He's not very optimistic about his future in baseball, and unlike so many of his colleagues, he's really not the hook up kind, so when Gretchen walks into his life, he's really not looking to hit any home runs, neither personally nor professionally. I really enjoyed this book because neither Gretchen nor Josh are stereotypical. They have interesting careers, and despite the glamorous worlds that they run in, they are both just good, likeable people with nice friends. This book had some twists and turns that kept my pages turning and my wine glass filled a I read this book in a day. It' a great beach or vacation read and if you like sports related romance, it's a lot of fun. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book in exchange for my never-held-back opinion!

This book is exactly what it says on the tin, in many positive and not-so-positive ways. It reads as fun, lightly developed fanfic, because that is exactly what it is. All the favorite romance tropes are there: insta-lust, one night changes it all, focused hero meets the right woman, wallflower steps out...this hits many of the classics. The “romance” is really more sexual attraction, and that is fine. Books can be pure escapism, it isn't against the rules! Honestly, this book is exactly what would expect to happen when you take a solid, long-form fanfic and smoosh it into book form. I am 100% here for it. Fanfic has tons of talented writers and if this starts a trend of people getting paid for that work, sounds great. This is a great read as long as you know what it is meant to be: a fun, sexy story with a cheery HEA.

Gretchen and Josh….can I say wow! Typically I’m more of a slow burn type of romance reader, but the chemistry that was shown between Gretchen and Josh was strong from the beginning, I understand why they moved as fast as it did. I think they’re definitely for one another. Personally I think the conflict was a bit unnecessary considering the short time they knew each other before hand. The supporting characters between Starla, the coach, Neptune, were a joy to read. I also loved that this touched into what many athletes don’t talk about, which is when retirement is among them. The pressure of being a professional athlete is unimaginable, but this author gave some nice insight and wrapped it up with a HEA.

thank you so much for the ARC of this book and getting a chance to give my input on it. What can I say about this book? It is a.m. romance novel that has such a great backbone! I thoroughly enjoyed being wrapped up in the storyline. Also, I didn’t hate any of the characters in any point in the book so that’s saying a lot lol I would definitely love to see this one translated in into the big screen because the characters are so dear to me now. I love everyone from Gretchen and Josh to Neptune and Travis! I think if you are looking for a good romance novel you will enjoy it. I definitely give this one 4 1/2 stars which for me is a big thing!

I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was such a cute and easy read but also deep enough to make you feel invested in the characters and the relationships. I have never been super into baseball but I loved reading about the ins-and-outs of how the clubs work. I also loved the sommelier aspect and learning more about their career as well! I devoured this book in one day. This was my first read by this author but will definitely not be my last.

I will have the full review up on my bookstagram account @meetcuteromancebooks closer to the release date. Gretchen and Joshua’s chemistry is so good!! It’s a cute story and the main love interest is in baseball.

This book is HOTTTTTT! I enjoyed it but will admit that it did drag on a bit at the end. This was the perfect read since baseball season just ended and I'm already missing it so much. I recommend it though even if you are not a sports fan. It has plenty of romance and spice. It's a nice, quick read and I enjoyed it very much.

A hot baseball player having fling in Vegas with a beautiful young lady? Yes, please; sign me up,. This was a super fun, hot romance. Definitely a quick read and one that readers will enjoy (especially if you have a couple if free hours, because you're going to want to read this all in one sitting)..

When you meet your dream guy buy them coffee. If I had half the guts and luck the main characters did I be on my way to an airport coffee shop. I absolutely loved the best friend and hopes she gets a novel of her own as well. You don’t have to be a huge sports fan to understand this book but if you are it stays true to the sport. Super grateful to have read this book and definitely count this as a pick me up happy romance book. Has a different POV writing style at time of review which is refreshing to see events via both characters.

i am obsessed! i love sport romances books and this was just absolutely perfect. it will definitely be such a big hit on tiktok

This book was on my tbr for so long and once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters and the story. I read it on one sitting and couldn't get over it. It's hard not to fall in love with Gretchen and Josh. I can't wait to read more by the author!

Thank you NetGalley for sending this arc for an honest review! At this point any book that faces a cover that looks like this is an automatic read for me. To begin off with sports romances are always a top. They never fail to amaze me. And this one my friends made me laugh, and cry, and i don’t know it was just so heartwarming that I would willingly be reading this again! It was such a fun read and an adorable romance!

This is definitely an insta-love romance, which honestly I didn't think I was going to like at first. The smut is front loaded at the beginning which made it feel like their relationship didn’t have a lot of substance. Which, to be honest I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to. I really enjoyed this. I do think that feelings happened a little quickly, but I don’t fully mind since it is a romance. I think romances with athletes are some of my favorites and I want to read more. This book was cute and made me laugh and smile and the cover is super cute. I can’t wait to see what else this author writes.

This was a SUPER cute and quick, easy read, which I ended up reading in one sitting! I would say it was almost an insta love romance, however in this setting there is nothing wrong with that! Gretchen and Joshua have chemistry from the start, and also - who doesn't love a sport based romance? You will both laugh and tear up with this, but you will leave feeling like your heart is full! I can't wait to see what else Caroline Richardson has up her sleeve, as I love her writing style!

Out of His League Caroline Richardson ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 "Gretchen Harper didn't expect to meet her favourite baseball player, Joshua Malvern, on her way to Vegas for a wine event, especially seeing as he's not headed there by choice. Having been sent down from the major leagues, Joshua is worried about the future of his career, but as they get to know each other over the course of one weekend, there's no denying the fire between them burns hot. But they're from completely different worlds and their affair isn't meant to last. With his career up in the air and her job her primary focus, can they find a way to round the bases towards love?” Thank you to Wattpad Books and NetGalley for the eARC! The plot of this novel is my dream scenario (falling in love with your favorite baseball player after a hot and heavy weekend in Vegas, okay??), and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the story! We’re not winning any literary awards with this one, but I thought it was enjoyable for what it was - a quick, steamy read with a premise that I loved. The relationship between our two MCs actually had more depth than I was originally anticipating which was a pleasant surprise. If you heart insta-love, steam-on-the-verge-of-smut and celebrity/athlete storylines, give this one a try! If you're not into sports/baseball, this might be one that you skip.

Loaded with open door love scenes, this sexy novel follows independent sommelier Gretchen as she meets her favorite baseball star Josh. Will their steamy weekend in Vegas lead to something more?

I thought this book was very cute! Everything about the characters and story drew me in. Overall, it was a quick read that I could not put down. I will definitely read more by this author in the future.

My love of sport romances is unmatched, and Out of His League only solidified it further! Such a heartwarming and endearing story. I want my own baseball player now !

I was given the opportunity to arc read this book. I really enjoyed reading this book. I did not want to put it down. I loved the main characters. It had steamy parts throughout the book. I felt like it was love at first sight at the airport after Gretchen gave Josh a cup of coffee. They were both Conveniently going to Vegas. Gretchen was going to a wine convention and Josh was sent down from the major leagues.