Oy Vey, Maria! A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery

Mrs. Kaplan Mysteries

Pub Date 27 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #OyVeyMariaAMrsKaplanMystery #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Rose Kaplan and her sidekick Ida are at it again. It's the holiday of Purim, and almost everyone at the Julius and Rebecca Cohen Home for Jewish Seniors is in costume for the Purim play. All except one, who will instead have to be fitted for a shroud. Once again, "Mrs. K" and Ida are called upon to solve the puzzle of a mysterious death at the Home. Described by Chanticleer Book Reviews as "at times more Lucy and Ethel than Holmes and Watson, with a soupcon of Miss Jane Marple," these geriatric amateur sleuths will keep you laughing, guessing, and maybe even learning a bissel Yiddish!

EDITION Ebook

In another of the Mrs. Kaplan mysteries, author Mark Reutlinger crafts a fun-to-read light mystery. As in the other books, the story is exciting and well-paced and the characters well developed. It also provides another look at life (and death) in a senior’s home. In the second book, I didn’t like the way the narrator Ida immediately translated Yiddish words for the reader. But now Ida has become an old friend and I welcomed her translations in this book. I enjoyed this book and recommend it to fans of Judaica and light mysteries. Thank you to Netgalley and The Wild Rose Press, Inc. for the advance reader copy.

This is a cute and cozy mystery centered around Purim, but is a fun read any time of the year. Another dead body has shown up at the nursing home, and the police are on the wrong track...but Mrs. Kaplan comes to the rescue! Riddled with Yiddish sayings and Jewish culture, this is a feel-good read.

The story kept me interested and I find Rose and Ida a nice duo. I did find the story relatively simple with few suspects. I felt the motive was a bit weak and unbelievable though. I received my copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

Murder at the home has senior sleuth Mrs. Kaplan trying to find the true killer. Well paced cozy reading filled with Jewish culture and sayings. Put on sime coffee and curl up for some light reading. Thanks #netgalley and #TheWildRosePressInc for the eARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine.

This is the first book I have read in this series and I am hooked! It feels like I just visited my old childhood neighbor, Mrs. Schneider, now that she’s older. All I could hear was her voice as I was reading…and I laughed out loud several times, making my dogs and husband give me strange looks.

I’m going to be back for more of Mrs Schneider, I mean Mrs. Kaplan and her crew!

Mrs K and Ida are at it again, only at first there is no murder to solve. It starts off with the investigation of a suspicious person. To be sure, there is a murder later on in the book. There is also a Purim play out on but residents of the home, and of course lots of shenanigans! I think this series has really found its stride with this latest installment. I liked the murder taking place in a different part of the book for a change, it was a different pacing. Lots of fun all around.

Mrs. K is back in OY VEY, MARIA!, as she and her trusted companion, Ida, problem solve and nosh their way to a solution as yet another dead body is found at the Julius and Rebecca Cohen Home for Jewish Seniors. This dead body is near a smoking gun in the hand of someone who denies firing it. Author Mark Reutlinger has a winner of a series with this, his third installment. The books do not need to be read in order, but they are a lot of fun. Grab some hamantaschen and a cup of tea and enjoy the story. I received my copy from the publisher through NetGalley.