Dying Fall

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #DyingFall #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Power, money, murder . . . Investigating a seemingly accidental death leads DCI Bill Slider and his team down a dark path in this gripping British police procedural.

The woman lies dead at the foot of the stairs. It’s obvious what happened: she tripped and fell. But PC D’Arblay, called to the dilapidated West London villa by an anonymous tip-off, can’t shake the feeling that’s exactly what someone wants him to think.

It was the deep head wound that killed her – but her dying fall left no blood trail, so what was it she hit her head on?

DCI Slider, of the Shepherd’s Bush murder squad, is soon convinced D’Arblay’s right. But with no motive, no murder weapon and no idea even who the victim is, Slider faces steep odds to get a result . . . while each painstaking step towards the truth brings him closer to a ruthless, evil killer.

The Bill Slider series is in “a league of its own” (Publishers Weekly Starred Review). If you haven’t met Slider and his team yet, why not start now?

The woman lies dead at the foot of...

A Note From the Publisher

We will consider requests from established bloggers, Acquisition and Collection Development Public Librarians and booksellers in the UK and USA. For Goodreads and Amazon reviewers, we will take into consideration your NetGalley Feedback history.

EDITION Hardcover

Cynthia Harrod Eagles is one of my favorite authors. The characters are so well drawn, the dialogue so appropriate, and the puns so fun. But after 22 books in this series, will this title be as good as the rest? YES!, it's one of the best. She gives an insightful look at policing - the frustrations, the budgeting, and the politics. All the while planting clues if only we had the wit to see them. The mystery is satisfying and I can't wait for the next one.