The Andromeda's Captain

Pub Date 22 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 03 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheAndromedasCaptain #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Chaos followed the untimely end of Princess Kylee’s marriage to Prince Maju. Although Queen Miyako is too worried about her missing daughter’s safety to blame her for what happened, she has no problem blaming Taren Platinum. When a recording device containing diary entries is found in the princess’s room, the queen begins to question if she’s been wrong this whole time.

Jael wants nothing more than to return to her family but Taren gave her an assignment to take care of the kids, and she won’t let him down. When she runs into some McNair henchmen who are intent on avenging their fallen leader, the kids are caught in the crossfire.

Dr. Ezabrae Mortimer has lived peacefully among the Mirelings for years despite being human. Then she’s assigned a new patient: the fugitive Taren Platinum. As she seeks to discover the truth about him, she uncovers secrets from her own past. Secrets that make her doubt her very humanity. Taren may be the only person who can give her answers—the only problem is he’s scheduled to be executed.

A Note From the Publisher

Available in the following formats: Hardcover: 978-1-64397-283-1 | Softcover: 978-1-64397-284-8 | Ebook:.978-1-64397-285-5 | LCCN: 2021944678 | Print distribution through Ingram, Gardners, and Baker & Taylor | Ebook library distribution through Overdrive, Hoopla, and Baker & Taylor.

Marketing Plan

—Advance reading copies, including NetGalley and LibraryThing

—Publicity outreach for reviews, roundups, and feature coverage

—Blog tour and ongoing blogger outreach

—Email marketing to libraries & bookstores

—Social media campaign including bonus content and shareable images

—Online advertising and marketing

Key Selling Points

—Readers love adventures in space and they are eager to read more!

—This unique and satisfying mash-up of science fiction, fantasy, and action/adventure will attract a large demographic.

—Filled with risky escapes, sympathetic villains, unrequited love, and conspiracy theories, the action-filled plot and range of diverse characters will have readers eagerly turning the pages.

—Fans of exciting survival stories and crew members becoming extended family will find a new favorite author with Becca Fox’s focus on world building and character development.

—The adventures of bodyguard and fugitive Taren Platinum and the exploits of his interstellar crew members will especially appeal to fans of Star Wars, The Mandalorian, and Firefly.

Other Books in the Series

The Andromeda's Ghost

—Advance reading copies, including NetGalley and LibraryThing

—Publicity outreach for reviews, roundups, and feature coverage

—Blog tour and ongoing blogger outreach

—Email marketing to libraries...

EDITION Hardcover

Becca Fox has crafted a science fiction story that features what I love best about the genre — adventure and creativity. An enjoyable story.

A novel is about a honorable personal guard to the Princess , named Taren. He picks up a bunch of orphaned misfits and offers them a home on his spaceship. There is more to come in this series.

I was skeptical at the beginning of this book, when I thought that this would be entirely from Miyako’s perspective, and that the story would run concurrent to the first book, but I still found myself drawn when learning about Kylee’s home life and growing up in the diaries, and hearing the same events from Miyako’s perspective. The insight into Kylee’s real thoughts, not something Taren was pretty sure she would say, and Miyako’s complex relationship with her husband, were so interesting to hear about, and gave the first book even more context. At about 15% into the book, it picked up where book one left off with alternating POVs from Miyako, Jael, Taren, and a new character Ezie, who I really enjoyed. This really worked for me, as I was just starting to miss Taren and co. a bit too much. One of my favorite parts of the first book, was the unexpected shift very early on from what appeared to be sci-fi romance to more of a sci-fi found family type story. I found the relationships that Taren build with the kids to be very fulfilling to read about. Along those lines, I was pleasantly surprised that no new romance happened for Taren in this book, despite the feelings of those around him. I like Jael as a character much more when she’s focused on government/regime sabotage/grappling with her new role in the found family vs seduction, and it was really enlightening to get her POV during this book. Overall, I really enjoyed this second installment into the Andromeda series, and am looking forward to the next book!