Foxman and the Cat Burglar

a novel

Pub Date 17 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 21 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #FoxmanandtheCatBurglar #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A stagehand and an aspiring actor are drawn into a masked rivalry, never suspecting that hiding behind the mask is a familiar face.

Cassandra’s life flashes before her eyes when she gets trapped in a subway door. It’s a disappointing life: she never landed the big role and she may be engaged to the wrong man. Rescued by a kind-eyed stranger, Cassandra gets a second chance to make good on her Broadway dreams, straighten out her love life, and deliver some karmic justice to the city in the guise of a slinky Cat Burglar. So long as she can shake off that pesky Foxman and the bungling police detectives on her tail.

Wilfredo’s skateboarding fox costume is a hit on Halloween. But an unexpected tussle with a fleeing thief in a Cat Burglar suit leads to a spectacular wipeout. He has no clue his mishap has been recorded in a soon-to-be viral video. Nor does he recognize his masked opponent as the green-eyed girl whose number he lost a month ago. Reveling in his every blunder is Captain Pete, the ventriloquist dummy from his childhood, whose snarky comments leave poor Wilfredo clinging to his sanity by his fingernails.

Cassandra’s life flashes before her eyes when she gets trapped in...

Advance Praise

"Heras charms with simple prose and a wry-but-earnest fondness for working-class New York... There's plenty to love in this light, offbeat take on a favorite sci-fi trope."

--Publishers Weekly on The Intergalactic Interloper

"The Intergalactic Interloper is packed with fun and weird ideas and is immensely enjoyable."

--Thoroughly Modern Reviewer

--Publishers Weekly on...

This was highly entertaining fiction with snappy dialogue and clever descriptions. The comic book-ish title and cover intrigued me, and I was pleased with the story I found. Just plain fun to read.

I will be completely honest, starting off this book I was a little confused but as it went on it started to make sense in a very weird but lovely way. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I thought the concept was very new and very different and I connected with both of the main characters. Part of me also wants a Fox costume of my own now

I adored this book, it was witty cunning and clever, everything I expect a fox to be. It had such an interesting and unique premise that was made better by the writing. I loved it and couldnt put it down.

I completely admit I was drawn by the cover on this, well that and the title but I am so glad that I did. This read really brightened my day, the witty and clever dialogue, the writing was so good, foxes are my favourite so I was going to be drawn to this, but never thought I’d love this as much as I did. Fantastic and highly recommended Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion

You will love the characters, the dialogue and the setting of this quirky but genuinely engaging book. With a great balance of real and unreal, it draws you inexorably in. Love the writing style - so descriptive and tight.

Awesome read, great humour and brilliantly written. Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the chance to read a digital arc in exchange for my feedback.

A cunning and a witty read. Sharp lines, top notch humour and and interesting read that brightened my mood upon every sitting. Thank you Netgalley for approving my request. Definitely recommended.