The Dayton Dilemma

When doing the right thing, isn't the right thing

Pub Date 13 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 18 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheDaytonDilemma #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Dayton, Ohio 1986, Sean Mitchell finds himself in a gut-wrenching dilemma – ‘Tell the truth and my friend goes to jail or worse. Tell the truth, and I could end up in jail too! Trust the legal system or trust the fact that - they ain’t lookin for us? We shut up we’re safe, we start blabbing, who knows what the lawyers and legal system will do to us?’

Sean’s world is turned upside down when he discovers a shocking life truth - sometimes telling the truth is the ‘wrong’ thing and lying is the ‘right’ thing.’

Sean Mitchell is on an engineering work study program during the summer of 1986 at the Flight Dynamics Laboratory, Wright-Patterson, AFB. Taking a term off from ‘mind crunching’ aerospace engineering studies at Ohio State, Sean’s new home in Dayton is a hotel right next door to a fancy – gorgeous lady filled - nightclub.

What could go wrong?

Everything.

Sean’s life of ‘working out at the gym’ and ‘meeting pretty ladies at the nightclub,’ took a nosedive one night. His world changed. He entered the ‘secret’ world. The world of people with a secret, people who know something they’re not supposed to know; don’t want to know, but too bad, you know and you’re in; no going back.

Advance Praise

... you seem to have a story telling method

as easy as Lee Child to read.' Peter I. 'Fast paced, gripping, page turning and all the threads come together. Great work, Dave!' Tanya H.

... you seem to have a story telling method

The dayton dilemma by Dave Ives. A very good read with good characters. I just didn't have any favourites. I did like the cover. This is a new author for me. 4*.