Fortune Cookie Christmas

Christmas Cookies

Pub Date 17 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #FortuneCookieChristmas #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Haley can't face Christmas. Her super-critical family hate her presents and her life. It's her turn to prepare the holiday diner, but her apartment kitchen is too small for anything but toast. Which is the only think she knows how to cook.

When her cookie fortune turns out to be an ad--Madam Zelda, Fortune Teller—she makes a desperate decision.

Zach is the mastermind behind the ad. He and Zelda show Haley that a fortune cookie can be full of surprises, solutions, and love.

A Note From the Publisher

Holiday Romance

Holiday Romance

EDITION Ebook

A very short and sweet Christmas story. Approved for advance release copy, only 97 ebook pages downloaded. I was ready to contact NetGalley support and complain that the wrong file (or first chapter only) downloaded; but I decided to read/listen (via Siri) to the copy that downloaded and give it a chance before complaining. GoodReads lists this book at 43 pages. Yep, that's the entire book. In the busyness of the Christmas season and you need a short, sweet Christmas romance, THIS IS YOUR QUICK FIX! I thought it was perfect! Plus there is a recipe at the end. WE have (distant) relatives with the last name of Kern and recognized the author name after having read Love is a Filing Cabinet not too long ago; that might have been Jeanne Kern's debut solo novel (not being a co-author). I'm glad that I stumbled across Fortune Cookie Christmas as an advance read opportunity through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Also thank you to author Jeanne Kern and Wild Rose Press the publisher. Release date is Nov 2021.

Fortune Cookie Christmas is so cute-- really my biggest complaint is that I just want more of it! Hayley, struggling to find good Christmas presents for her family, opens a fortune cookie that tells her to consult a psychic. When she shows up, Madam Zelda takes over the task, finding them each the perfect present, and solving Hayley's catering problem, too-- her nephew, Zach will cater Hayley's family's Christmas dinner. Sparks immediately fly between Hayley and Zach, and it turns out Madam Zelda really knows what she's doing. My only real complaint (other than just wishing there was more to read!) is that Madam Zelda's accent pulled me out of the story. It was hard to decipher at times, and I wish it had just been alluded to, rather than written out phonetically, which also would have made it less off-putting when the accent faded entirely-- I found those moments jarring in a way that I wouldn't have if I'd just been told when she did or didn't have the accent. Other than that, though, this was a really cute story!

Settle in with this feel-good Christmas story that reminds you what we love (and love to hate!) about the holidays. The romance between Hayley and Zach is engaging and sweet, and their family members, especially Madame Zelda, are unforgettable. You’ll be happy you read Fortune Cookie Christmas—it’ll warm your heart!

Haley is at her wits end, trying to come up with presents for her family for Christmas. When she is with a friend she opens a fortune cookie that states she should take her troubles to Madame Zelda. She hires her to help with the gift giving, and then passes out from too many drinks. Madame's nephew Zach takes her home, and is going to cater for her party this year. Sweet and funny romance for Christmas. Enjoyed this one, and would recommend.

Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review. Cute little Christmas story, very nice.

Absolutely loved this book!! I really enjoyed the characters and the sweet story line!! I was up all night reading and couldn't put the book down! I highly recommend!!

Really sweet read! Easy to follow and quick to get through. The story is not super clean from a romance perspective, but I always flip thought all of that and move forward. It is always fun to see where the love will begin and what will happen from it. You will enjoy this easy read filled with twists and turns and of course, a happy ending!

I enjoyed this one. Characters that can't cook especially the heroine are easy for me to relate to as myself can't really cook though I think I can make more than toast through.