The Dressmaker’s Secret

Pub Date 27 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 27 Dec 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheDressmakersSecret #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘Extraordinary… Brought history alive on the page… A tense and emotional tale, sensitive yet brutal… With the most unexpected end that left me breathless. Wow, just wow… Incredible’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Paris, 1941: As Coco Chanel’s assistant, Adèle lives side by side with German officers in the splendor of The Ritz hotel. But Adèle has a secret. She is working for the resistance, right under the Germans’ noses.

As occupied Paris becomes more and more dangerous, Adèle will have to decide if she can risk everything to save innocent lives and protect the man she loves…

Present day: Chloé’s grandmother has never spoken about the war and avoids questions about the legendary designer she once worked for. Now Chloé has come to Paris, to uncover the truth about Adèle’s life. But is she prepared for what she will find? And for the power of her grandmother’s secrets to change her family forever…

An absolutely gripping and heartbreaking wartime story of the enduring power of love, for fans of The Lost Girls of Paris and The Nightingale.

Readers love The Dressmaker’s Secret:

WOW… What an amazing book … Absolutely outstanding… What a page-turner… Outstandingly brilliant and extremely poignant from beginning to end’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

My heart was absolutely thumping for most of the book… A truly brilliant novel’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gripping, suspenseful, and addictive… Full of mysteries, twists, turns, surprises… and a dash of romance… Fabulous’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Absolutely amazingI couldn’t put it down… I can’t wait for everyone to read this book’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘A tale of deception, love and endurance… It kept me reading into the small hours’ Glynis Peters, author of The Secret Orphan

A truly captivating read and what an ending!!’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘One hard to put down story!… A great read that had me up way later than I planned I couldn’t put it down’ NetGalley Review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Wow! The Dressmaker’s Secret is a dual timeline story that will keep your attention from beginning to end. I had not read any of Lorna Cook’s prior books but I really enjoyed this one.

The parts of the story that deal with Coco Channel has been thoroughly research. The story of Adele, Theo, Melodie, Cleo and the rest are extremely well written and have been intertwined with Chanel’s that this makes for a spectacular and entertaining story.

Thank you to #netgalley and #harper360,avon for allowing me to read this ARC for an honest review. All opinions expressed above are my own.