The Gingerbread Cookie Code

Pub Date 16 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 15 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheGingerbreadCookieCode #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Clay Blackstone, avowed bachelor, is an ambitious computer design engineer at a prestigious firm. When an accident puts his dad on crutches, he returns home to help with his family's Christmas tree farm, never expecting to find romantic entanglement with an alluring woman he remembers as a tomboy in braids.

As a single mother launching a bakery business, Shelby Turner has experience with measuring cups and watercolor paints, but not handsome, intriguing men—especially one who is her secret schoolgirl crush.

Between her sweet treats, his tech savvy, and their combined chemistry, will they risk their hearts and discover the code to their happily ever after?

EDITION Ebook

A big thank you to NetGalley and Wild Rose Press for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is a novella so its very short-53 pages. This is a quick, nice romance. The characters are just nice people. Very enjoyable. 3 stars

Thank you for letting me review this book! I truly enjoyed reading it. I was so engaged in the story and characters, enjoyed the storyline throughout the book. It kept me reading until the end!! I would highly recommend this book!!

This is a short (53 pages) contemporary romance that comes with a pretty high heat level. Not a ton of it, but enough to make you sweat a little. Clay comes back to his small hometown to help his folks out after his dad breaks his foot and can’t work the Christmas tree farm. Though he loves being there and helping out, he can’t wait to get back to Atlanta and his work as a computer coder. What he doesn’t count on is Shelby Turner (or her young daughter). The two have a hot fling – and that’s all it’s supposed to be – but things don’t turn out that way. This is a cute story with some heat and HEA that will leave you satisfied. Pick it up for a quick afternoon read. Disclosure of Material: I received a final and/or advanced reader copy of this book with the hope that I will leave my unbiased opinion. I was not required to leave a review, positive or otherwise, and my opinions are just that… My Opinions. I am posting this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”