How Are You, Really?

Living Your Truth One Answer at a Time

Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 23 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HowAreYouReally #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Forget hustle harder. Forget a mandatory 5 a.m. wake-up. Forget outlining your life plan in six-month, one-year, and five-year spans. We're living in a cultural shift as we reframe our perspectives around the purpose of work, what work/life balance really means, and how we want to spend our time on this planet. In her first book, Jenna Kutcher—entrepreneur, photographer, influencer, teacher, mom, and host of the wildly popular Goal Digger podcast—shares her philosophy on how to live a life that exists outside the tired cliché of “having it all.” How Are You, Really? is about taking a moment to soak up the richness of our experiences and creating a life that makes room for more actual living.

When Jenna Kutcher was 23, she left her corporate job, bought a camera on Craigslist for $300, and started her own business as a wedding photographer. From that single investment in herself, she built a successful company, a thriving podcast, and a beautiful brand. But her driving force has never been about working harder/smarter/faster/better. What Jenna Kutcher embraces is the simple notion that we, women especially, crave lives of fulfillment.

Divided into three sections, How Are You, Really? is a guide to creating such a life.

In Part One: Who You Are, Jenna uses stories from her childhood, some career false starts, her marriage and path to motherhood, and more to show how to crystallize your sense of your own identity. Because how can you know what you really, truly want out of your future if you don’t see yourself clearly in the present? In Part Two: Who You Have, and Who Has You, Jenna shows the benefits of a support system, how mentorship and kindness can come in surprising ways and from surprising sources, and how to build your own authentic community. In Part Three: What You’re Going to Do About It, Jenna guides you through illustrations from her career on how to turn your deepest dream into a life that brings success, joy, and—most importantly--the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. We all want, simply put, a life well-lived.

So, ask yourself the question you’ve been avoiding.

How are you, really?

It’s time to find your answer, and start living.

ISBN 9780063221949