Executive Motherhood

The Art of Having It All Without Doing It All

Pub Date 22 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 01 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ExecutiveMotherhood #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What does it take to successfully combine a fulfilling career and a happy home?

If you’re a dynamo with kids in tow, Executive Motherhood has the answers.

Executive Motherhood provides a one-of-a-kind toolkit for women who want to upgrade both their professional ambitions and their family lives. Ashley Quinto Powell combines 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and executive, 10 years of raising two stellar kids, and the satisfaction of being married to a very hunky husband to the inspiring stories, practical tips, and unparalleled advice contained within.

Executive Motherhood digs deep into:

* Why we need women in the room—and at the top

* How to have it all, without doing it all

* The importance of a powerful network and how to build it

* Moving beyond “imposter syndrome”

* Salary negotiations and understanding your real value

* Redefining “mom,” as a mother and as an employer

* Sharing responsibilities, and successes, with your partner

* And much, much more

The road to the top will definitely be bumpy, especially with babies on board, but Executive Motherhood is the best companion for the ride.

What does it take to successfully combine a fulfilling career and a happy home?

If you’re a dynamo with kids in tow, Executive Motherhood has the answers.

Executive Motherhood provides a...

ISBN 9781955750295

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Loved this book so much… it was just so freaking good. One of the best of 2022 and I’ll be recommending it to every one of my friends.
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.
5 stars!!

Thank you to NetGalley for the chance to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I requested this book because I love books about the intersection of motherhood and careerism. The author’s general premise is that working moms cannot have or do it all, but they can get darn near close with supportive relationships and delegating non-essential tasks to others. Of course, this mentality/way of life does not necessarily work for everyone. Regardless, I felt that the author’s experience was well-written and interesting. I liked that the book was fast-paced, entertaining, and motivational.

I loved the real-life reader contributions to the end of the book (people submitted what they wished would change in the workplace to support working parents). The responses were amazing: eliminate the pressure to do it all, eliminate mom guilt (feeling like a career failure while simultaneously feeling like a mom failure), support BIPOC employees, eliminate social media perfection, eliminate the societal perception that only mom can care for kids, implement family-first flex time. For those who enjoyed Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In, this is a must read.

This is a short read but I really enjoyed it. This book is for anyone, parent or not, who cares about gender equity. It's so true that if you are going to split up responsibilities with a partner, sometimes you just have to deal with your living room being orange so that you can commute to another city every week. Key message: learn to delegate and let go. And letting go includes that guilt that we feel as parents and career people every single day for not being perfect, because none of us are.

Thank you to BooksGoSocial and NetGalley for the opportunity to access this free e-arc in exchange for an honest review.