Life Support

Pub Date 16 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 02 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #LifeSupport #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Every bite Kendra takes is a battle. Rosie can’t control her mouth. Alex struggles to keep his head above water. Tyler’s world has come crashing to his feet. Ricky’s anger threatens to spill over.

Told through a series of shifting perspectives, five strangers, nothing but blurred faces in a crowded high school hallway, come together in search of solace, support, and comfort. Together, they help each other realize that although life may not be perfect, the world around them can still fall perfectly into place.

But one of them may be beyond help. Will they be able to reach out in time to pull their friend out of the darkness, or are they already too late?

...

Advance Praise

“Highly entertaining. I couldn’t put it down!”

-Jim Lewis, author

“With her seemingly effortless command of the English language and her ability to write characters who feel like real people, Life Support drew me in. Looking forward to what else Ms. McKnight has in store for us.”

-Cathy Greco

In this modern day Breakfast Club, fate brings together five teenagers suffering from very different personal problems. Through a series of meetings, the newfound friends provide support and advice to one another when they've hit their darkest emotional moments. Told seamlessly through five distinct voices, LIFE SUPPORT was a pleasure to read and had me furiously flipping pages to find out how each character's story resolves. Much respect to Sarah McKnight for tackling such difficult mental emotional issues in such a delicate way. By the end of the book, I was rooting for all five characters, and seriously impressed by how the ending tied all the loose threads together! Two thumbs up!

“Highly entertaining. I couldn’t put it down!”

-Jim Lewis, author

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This book is incredible. It is brutally raw and feel incfedibly real, like you are there with the characters - who I loved. There are some hard hitting issues in this book such as child abuse, mental health such as self harm and eating disorders, to name just a few, however I felt these were handled as sensitively as could be and that they are important things to be put in books for teens and young adults as they are very reall issues for many of them. I really liked it.

TW: child abuse, eating disorders, body shaming, homophobia, self harm

I loved the format of this book. It also reminded me a lot of The Breakfast Club and the Losers Club from Stephen King's IT, which I really enjoyed.

Some of their individual stories were pretty triggering, so I do wanna give a warning in case one of the things I listed above will trigger you.

I could not put this book down. I became so attached to and invested in the characters that I had to keep reading as long as I could so I'd know what would happen to them all. They were all very well-written - as was the whole book - and it just made this a great read. I highly recommend this one!

The title of the book is spot on. Breakfast Club meets Group Therapy. Five teens struggling with real problems meet by chance and cling together for support during a year of high school. They support one another as they navigate panic attacks, overeating, anorexia, abuse, and bullying. This book reminds the reader of the weight young people carry in today's society and of just how important it is to have a group of supportive friends.