New Seoul Park Jelly Vendor Massacre

Pub Date 20 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 15 Nov 2022

A novel of social issues sublimated into fantasy.

At an amusement park near Seoul, a mysterious jelly seller, who seems to be able to read people’s desires, sells jellies promising that whoever shares them will never be parted from one another. The novel, comprised of nine stories, brings together nine different sets of characters whose paths interlock piece by piece with each turn of the page, every story beginning with the past of the characters and ending on the day of a sweet, sticky, grisly massacre. A neglected child, a precariously employed worker, a job seeker, and a loner more comfortable with online friends than anyone in real life are read out by the jelly seller, who makes their wishes come true and leads them into tragedy.

A novel of social issues sublimated into fantasy.

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9791190174022

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I went into this book not sure what to expect, I liked the concept but wasn't sure how it could be implemented while remaining frightening. This is one of the most unique ideas I've seen in awhile. the very last chapter threw me for a bit of a loop. I feel like there a couple loose ends regarding yuji and what exactly happened there... but I really loved this book. I look forward to seeing more from this author.

Absolutely amazing surrealist horror. Like a fever dream set in a theme park. At first I was unsure of the format with the little stories stuck together but it worked really well. The writing indices just enough creepiness and dread to give the reader a sickening feeling. Unsettling.