All Will Be Well

Learning to Trust God's Love

Pub Date 04 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 03 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AllWillBeWell #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Then when you don't see me anymore, I will be where God is," said Mima, "because God loves you and God loves me, 'All will be well, all will be well, everything will be well.'" Mima is very sick, and just thinking about it makes Julian very sad and very angry. Julian is worried about Mima and wonders if God can hear her or if God cares. So Mima explains to Julian that God loves us and that God can be trusted—even when we are sad or angry. This gentle story of a grandmother's love for her granddaughter incorporates the timeless wisdom of Julian of Norwich: because of God's great love for us, all will be well. Written by Lacy Finn Borgo and beautifully illustrated by Rebecca Evans, All Will Be Well tackles the sensitive subjects of death and grief in a way that can be understood by children when adults read thoughtfully with them. Also included is a note from the author to facilitate further conversation about the content. Discover IVP Kids and share with children the things that matter to God!

Advance Praise

"In her beloved book Spiritual Conversations with Children, Lacy Finn Borgo tells us about placing a small round stone in a child's hand as a reminder that God is present and loves them no matter what happens. This tangible reminder comes to life through the falling of a hazelnut in the pages of this beautifully written book for children. The story of All Will Be Well moves us from the impending death of a beloved grandmother to gracefully engaging the wisdom of a great saint of our Christian heritage, Julian of Norwich, whose wisdom and legacy move throughout the pages in a tangible connection of love and hope. 'She rolled the hazelnut around in her hand and remembered that God loved her.'"

-Trevecca Okholm, author of The Grandparenting Effect: Bridging Generations One Story at a Time

"Lacy Finn Borgo's love for children and the things that trouble them shows forth beautifully in this comforting story that weaves the cares and sadness of a contemporary girl, Julian, with the life of ancient Julian of Norwich. The comfort of God comes through clearly as modern Julian realizes that 'all will be well.' Rebecca Evans's attractive illustrations depict the story line in a way that helps children grasp the truth Borgo is communicating."

-Scottie May, coauthor of Listening to Children on the Spiritual Journey and associate professor of Christian formation and ministry emerita, Wheaton College

EDITION Hardcover