The Three Lives of Alix St. Pierre

Pub Date 10 Jan 2023 | Archive Date Not set

New York Times bestselling author Natasha Lester delivers an unforgettable story of an orphan turned WWII spy turned fashion icon in Paris—perfect for fans of Kate Quinn and Fiona Davis.

Alix St. Pierre. An unforgettable name for an unforgettable woman. She grew up surrounded by Hollywood glamor, but, as an orphan, never truly felt part of that world. In 1943, with WWII raging and men headed overseas to fight, she lands a publicity job to recruit women into the workforce. Her skills—persuasion, daring, quick-witted under pressure—catch the attention of the U.S. government and she finds herself with an even bigger assignment: sent to Switzerland as a spy. Soon Alix is on the precipice of something big, very big. But how far can she trust her German informant…?

After an Allied victory that didn’t come nearly soon enough, Alix moves to Paris, ready to immerse herself in a new position as director of publicity for the yet-to-be-launched House of Dior. In the glamorous halls of the French fashion house, she can nearly forget everything she lost and the dangerous secret she carries. But when a figure from the war reappears and threatens to destroy her future, Alix realizes that only she can right the wrongs of the past …and finally find justice.

Alix St...

A Note From the Publisher

For media inquiries, please contact Nicole Andress, nicole.andress@hbgusa.com.

For media inquiries, please contact Nicole Andress, nicole.andress@hbgusa.com.

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was a beautifully done World War 2 novel with a great premise. I enjoyed the way Natasha Lester used the setting to add to the story and the characters within this story. The plot was what I was hoping for when I saw the description and it works great as a historical novel. I can't wait to read more from Ms. Lester.

"Busy wasn’t an adequate word to describe the next few hours of Alix’s life. Her office inhaled and exhaled fashion editors and coupes of champagne. A smile ran unchecked over le patron’s face, which was also adorned with red lipstick. Carmel’s maxim—“Dior saved Paris”—and Bettina Ballard’s words—“There has never been an easier or more complete conquest than that of Christian Dior”—echoed through the maison."

The Three Lives of Alix St. Pierre by Natasha Lester is hands down, my favorite book i’ve read this summer!! The rich history and research that has gone into the story, from couture, to spying to romance had me hooked. Don’t want to give away too much but Alix works for Dior as his press secretary and through flashbacks we learn about her wartime activities and how they still affect her. Through some work and finding a team to help her she’s able to solve the remaining mysteries and pull it all together in an very enjoyable story. I can’t recommend this strongly enough- everyone should read it!!!