Why We Play
How to find joy and meaning in everyday life
by Joanna Fortune
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 14 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Discover how to reconnect with the child in you and unlock the transformative power of play to live a more joyful life.
Can you remember the utter delight of playing chase, flying a kite, or getting messy with a box of paints? As children, playing is how we make sense of the world and our place in it. Why then, as adults, do we forget how to play?
Drawing on over twenty years of neuroscientific research and clinical practice, psychotherapist Joanna Fortune has discovered that play is central to the human experience - and is the key to living a happier, joyful life. With life-changing insights, tips, and exercises, she shares her proven approach, including how to:
- Practice small moments of joy to boost positive mood
- Embrace wonderment to help unlock creativity and problem solving
- Make play breaks a part of your everyday to alleviate stress
- Use storytelling to heal from trauma and find emotional resilience
- Nurture a playful state of mind to improve your health and well-being
- Utilise simple techniques to repair and strengthen relationships
This ground-breaking book reveals why you're never too old for play, explains how it shapes our experiences and relationships with others, and shows how practising play daily will be the small change that will revolutionise your life.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 8 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Kathy Petras and Ross Petras
Rodaan Al Galidi
Keshia N. Abraham, John Woolf