How We Grow Through What We Go Through

Self-Compassion Practices for Post-Traumatic Growth

Pub Date 29 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 29 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HowWeGrowThroughWhatWeGoThrough #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Turn your everyday experiences into a source of strength with the easy-to-learn practices in this uplifting guide to post-traumatic growth.

Trauma pervades every aspect of our lives, particularly in recent years between climate change, social justice issues, the coronavirus pandemic, and more. But the truth is that post-traumatic growth, rather than post-traumatic stress, is not only possible but probable. In this book, you’ll discover the conditions and compassionate practices that make growth and resilience possible, including:

• How to regulate your nervous system by regulating your breath and body
• Trauma-informed self-compassion practices that make you more resilient to the world around you
• Skills to set boundaries to aid in your healing
• Dozens of other ways to turn your difficult experiences toward growth

Simple and to the point, each chapter offers practices, self-assessments, enlightening science facts, and advice for the real world—perfect for reading a page or two after an exhausting day or sharing with others when they need a lift.

No one gets a pass from life’s challenges. The good news is, we are hardwired to turn them into a source of strength. Turn to this book anytime you need to find out How We Grow Through What We Go Through.

Trauma pervades every aspect of our lives, particularly in...

Send to Kindle (PDF)