The Soulmate

A Novel

Pub Date 04 Apr 2023 | Archive Date 18 Apr 2023

Get ready for a thrilling, addictive novel about marriage, betrayal, and the secrets that push us to the edge in Sally Hepworth's The Soulmate.

There’s a cottage on a cliff. Gabe and Pippa’s dream home in a sleepy coastal town. But their perfect house hides something sinister. The tall cliffs have become a popular spot for people to end their lives. Night after night Gabe comes to their rescue, literally talking them off the ledge. Until he doesn’t.

When Pippa discovers Gabe knew the victim, the questions spiral...Did the victim jump? Was she pushed?

And would Gabe, the love of Pippa’s life, her soulmate...lie? As the perfect facade of their marriage begins to crack, the deepest and darkest secrets begin to unravel.

There’s a cottage on a cliff. Gabe and Pippa’s dream...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

When a book keeps you up all night, you know it’s a worthy 5 star read. In true Hepworth fashion, she builds a world and then slowly and suspensefully dismantles it leaving you guessing with every twist.

Pippa and Gabe move to a cottage alongside a cliff in a dreamy coastal town. What they didn’t realize is that this home is right near a cliff referred to as “the drop” where many people come to commit suicide. At first, Gabe is somewhat of a hero-literally talking people off the edge. Until one night a woman shows up at The Drop and Pippa sees Gabe with her through the window. Within a moment the woman disappears and Gabe’s arms are outstretched and palms it. There’s no way the savior Gabe would have pushed her! Did she fall? What happened? The rest is the best kind of crazy twisting and turning that you want in a thriller told from both Pippa’s and the ( now) dead woman’s POV. Love is a crazy ride when you spend your your time wondering if your husband is now a murderer. What secrets were “pushed” into oblivion.

The Soulmate is so much more than I expected! I could not put it down!! Told from two different viewpoints and in past and present tense. The story line grabs hold of your interest and keeps you wanting more and more until the very end.
Masterfully written!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Thank you NetGalley, Sally Hepworth and St. Martin’s Press for hearing my honest review. Looking forward to reading more with you
#partner

When you get your hands on a copy of Sally Hepworths upcoming release which also happens to be one of your MOST anticipated reads of 2023 ... you read it IMMEDIATELY!

Well my friends, she does it again. Annnnd, she got me with those plot twists! Damn!! I for one LOVED the direction she took with this story. I won't give anything away, no worries. Spoilers are lame!!

I am a HUGE fan of alternating chapters between characters and the way this was done was EXCELLENT! I was completely engaged in this story and did not see that ending coming. What the heck!?

Final thoughts, excellent fast paced read, highly recommend! Add this to your list for April 2023!!

Huge thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this copy!

Another great Sally Hepworth novel. Loved the characters and kept. me guessing until the end. Read it in one day!

I could not put this one down, finishing it in one day. It has everything--setting in a seaside town in Australia, well-developed characters that are likable, though flawed, more than one mystery--very satisfying read. Loved it!

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing this advance copy for me to read and review.

The Soulmate captured my attention from the start, with a woman standing on a cliff (and known jumping spot) overlooking the ocean, within sight of the Gerard home. Told between alternating views from the past and present, we learn the twists and turns of the story and how the woman may be connected to Gabe Gerard. While Gabe and his wife Pippa may have a picture-perfect life surrounded by supportive family and friends, the facade is shattered that night, and I was left guessing until the end how the story would end.

Many thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this copy.

I absolutely love all of Sally Hepworth’s books! I loved the twists and turns of the book. I thought there was really great character development. I read it very quickly because I couldn’t put it down!

I could not put this book down! Like the other Sally Hepworth books I’ve read, it seamlessly incorporates mystery, family/relationship struggles and a sense of humor. I also left the book with some actionable advice for my own life! Highly recommend.