Bones Under the Ice
by Mary Ann Miller
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 21 Mar 2023 | Archive Date Not set
Two days after a blizzard hits Field’ s Crossing, Indiana, Sheriff Jhonni Laurent discovers the frozen body of a high school senior under a fifteen-foot pile of snow and ice. Murder is rare in farm country, and this death marks the beginning of Jhonni’ s first homicide case.
Just as the investigation gets underway, Jhonni’ s opponent for sheriff from four years ago wages a bitter reelection battle to oust her. Then, Jhonni finds another body, and further complications arise when a century-old feud between two families reaches its breaking point.
Soon, a slew of newspaper articles causes the Indiana State Election Board to doubt her credibility. Jhonni must fight to maintain her reputation, keep the small farming community together, and find the murderer at large— all while demons from her own past threaten to crush her. Can she find the killer and mend her battered spirit before it’ s too late?
Perfect for fans of J. A. Jance and C. J. Box
“Set in a small town and filled with twists and turns, Bones Under the Ice is a chilling story of secrets and murder that will keep you guessing.” —Charlie Donlea, USA Today best-selling author
“A slow-burn police procedural . . . with potential for a popular series.” —Publishers Weekly
“A new series perfect for fans of J.A. Jance and Craig Johnson or anyone who likes small-town settings, small-town secrets, and lots of characters.” —Library Journal
“Sheriff Jhonni Laurent, flawed but decent, is up against a murder case, a political enemy, and winter itself in Mary Ann Miller's cracker of a debut. Bones Under the Ice is a satisfying police procedural, an absorbing character study, a love letter to a harsh landscape, and the perfect series opener. I'll be back for book two.” —Catriona McPherson, multi-award-winning author of In Place of Fear
“Bones Under the Ice is an engrossing mystery novel in which a small-town sheriff’s skills are tested when she’s tasked with solving cold-minded murders.” —Foreword Reviews
“Set in rural, blizzard-frozen Indiana, Mary Ann Miller’s Bones Under the Ice launches a chilling police procedural series. From page one when Jhonni Laurent brushes snow off a frozen hand, the reader will be rooting for this likeable sheriff.” —Vinnie Hansen, author of Lostart Street
• Mailing of physical & digital ARCs to major trade publications, notable bookstores, book reviewers, social media influencers and digital media
• Submit for BookBub promotion
• Pitch title at Distributor Sales Conference
• Goodreads giveaway of 100 digital copies, 2 months prior to publication
• Advertising in trade publications
• Featured new release in Oceanview monthly newsletter
• E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of mystery, thriller & suspense fans, booksellers, and librarians
• Launch month feature on Oceanview’s social media and website home page
• Submission for award consideration
• Amazon A+ description/feature
• Ongoing co-op advertising with Amazon, Ingram, Baker and Taylor via distributor
• Ongoing submission for special promotions with major retailers
Average rating from 24 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Beth C. Greenberg
L.M. Montgomery, Crystal S. Chan, Kuma Chan
Charles Dickens, Crystal S. Chan, Nokman Poon