The Gentleman's Book of Vices - PREVIEW

Read Chapters 1-5!

Pub Date 29 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 29 Dec 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheGentlemansBookofVicesPREVIEW #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Carina Adores is excited to offer this special preview of The Gentleman's Book of Vices by Jess Everlee. We hope you enjoy reading the first five chapters!

***

Is their real-life love story doomed to be a tragedy, or can they rewrite the ending?

London, 1883

Finely dressed and finely drunk, Charlie Price is a man dedicated to his vices. Chief among them is his explicit novel collection, though his impending marriage to a woman he can’t love will force his carefully curated collection into hiding.

Before it does, Charlie is determined to have one last hurrah: meeting his favorite author in person.

Miles Montague is more gifted as a smut writer than a shopkeep and uses his royalties to keep his flagging bookstore afloat. So when a cheerful dandy appears out of the mist with Miles's highly secret pen name on his pretty lips, Miles assumes the worst. But Charlie Price is no blackmailer; he’s Miles's biggest fan.

A scribbled signature on a worn book page sets off an affair as scorching as anything Miles has ever written. But Miles is clinging to a troubled past, while Charlie’s future has spun entirely out of his control…

Carina Adores is home to romantic love stories where LGBTQ+ characters find their happily-ever-afters.

Lucky Lovers of London

Book 1: The Gentleman's Book of Vices

***

Is their real-life love story doomed...

A Note From the Publisher

**From author Jess Everlee:** The emotional well-being of my readers is important to me. If you would like to see specific content warnings before you dive in, please visit www.jesseverlee.com/cw.

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781999999986

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This is going to be a compelling and highly entertaining story. Humour, fleshed out and interesting characters, a plot where not everything is what it seems.
I can't wait to read the rest of the story, this sampler was like sampling a small helping but you want it all

Well, The Gentleman's Book of Vices has officially sealed its place as one of my most anticipated releases of 2022! I love Charlie and Miles already, and this seems such an original storyline and I love the dynamic between the two of them from their first interactions. Written very well, with a strong sense of atmosphere, I can get a sense of both MCs' wounds and what I hope will happen over the course of the book. So excited to read more!

OMG WOWOW i loved that so so much i cannot believe how amazing that was i CANNOT WAIT for this whole book i can only guess how smutty it’ll be 🔥🔥🔥

Oh my gods. I need this book yesterday. Five chapters and I already chortled, outright cackled, and got misty-eyed. This is, perhaps, the most captivating beginning of a book I've read in a good long while. I cannot wait for this book to come out so I can devour it and shout at absolutely everyone I know to read it. WOW!

AHHH!! I immediately requested the full copy because oh my god??? I need it. These first five chapters have such a great introduction to the wit, writing, and shenanigans that are absolutely going to be present in the entire thing.

The wine and cake tasting was delicious also I need cake and wine right now. A smut writer and his very earnest fan? Sign me the hell up. Said smut writer pretending to be a sommelier? Take my money. It’s reminding me of Tessa Dare’s Say Yes to the Marquess!

OH. MY. GOSH! The Gentleman’s Book of Vices is the most compelling and captivating book I’ve read all year! That is remarkable, as I’ve read 33 books so far this year and only five chapters of The Gentleman’s Book of Vices.

First off, we have the premise. When I read the synopsis for this book, I knew I had to drop everything and savor it! As it turns out, I devoured this novel instead of savoring it, but I couldn’t be happier!

A m/m love story in the nineteenth century is something I never knew I needed, but now can’t picture myself without. Especially with the fact that one of them is a risqué smut writer and the other an adamant follower of said works.

To be honest, I’m a fan of smut. I’m always drawn in by affection between characters and stellar writing. Like this novel proves, queer romances are the best writing there is out there. They are so exciting because they represent me. I can’t help but fall in love with every LGBTQ+ character I meet. I don't know what the scientific formula for love is, but Jess Everlee has found it!

The only way I can describe the first five chapters of The Gentlemen’s Book of Vices is in unintelligible rambles. I can not plan a proper response that would convey how impressed and excited I was by reading Jess Everlee’s work. Nonetheless, I will try my best!

The Gentlemen’s Book of Vices is astronomically phenomenal! I am already obsessed with Miles Montague and Charlie Price. From their first meeting, it is obvious they have something unspoken between one another. As you can probably guess, they are the main couple in this book. If I went in with no knowledge of what this book was about, I’d know Charlie and Miles were meant to be. Everlee writes their interactions with sparks flying!

I am very much fixated on grumpy/sunshine and oblivious to love tropes. They are trés magnifique! Miles and Charles have this sort of relationship and I need answers now!

I have already pre-ordered a copy of The Gentleman’s Book of Vices and I hope you will too! It is stellar; it is the shining star of 2022 releases. Don’t miss out on this novel! I know I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Word for word on my life, if I died, I’d stick around as a ghost until I saw this novel through. Jess Everlee has me hooked!

November 29, 2022. I'll see you there!