The Courtship Plan

Pub Date 17 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 17 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TheCourtshipPlan #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Finding a husband is serious business. And serious business requires serious planning.

Charity Raber is one of many single women who came to Birch Creek, Ohio, with one goal in mind: secure a husband from among the desperate bachelors a newspaper advertisement claimed inhabited the town. Even though that claim proved to be nothing more than a cruel prank, Charity is still hopeful that her happy ending might be within reach when she’s set up on a date with Jesse Bontrager. That is until Jesse not-so-gently shares that he has no interest in a relationship with anyone—and especially not with her.

One year later, Charity is working as a caretaker for a kind, elderly English woman in the nearby town of Marigold. She’s also working hard on a brand-new courtship plan. A plan that absolutely does not involve Jesse Bontrager. But when he moves next door and is made aware of her scheming, Charity vows to prove that her plan is foolproof. Meanwhile, Jesse is sure she’ll make a fool of herself. And for some reason he’s not willing to let that happen.

This stubborn bachelor and determined bachelorette will soon learn that their plans rarely work out as expected—but God’s plans always will.

• Sweet Amish romance
  • The first book in the Amish of Marigold series
  • Book length: 87,000 words
  • Includes discussion questions for book clubs

PAGES 320

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This is a joyful book. Kathleen Fuller has again captured my heart with a different storyline - not the usual boy meets girl - they like each other- they court- they get married and the journey was perfect. i highly recommend this book if you have not had the pleasure.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Kathleen Fuller did it again! Another heartwarming novel that shows us that God’s plan may not always be our plan.
We first meet Charity Raber in Birch Creek, in An Amish Mail Order Bride series. Charity went to Birch Creek to find a husband and she was a little desperate. She was also downright mean to the other prospective brides, especially Katherine, from “Love in Plain Sight”.
Charity decides to get a new start so she moves to Marigold. She moves next door to Priscilla and Micah, who we met in “An Amish Schoolroom”. Charity and Jesse both go on self discoveries. You can’t give your love to anyone until you love yourself.
I love how Kathleen Fuller weaves in characters from Birch Creek. I know Jesse, Charity and Monroe will pop up again in her books!!
I’m looking forward to the next installment in this series. Many thanks to the author, Zondervan and NetGalley for a complimentary copy of the book. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

READ THIS IF YOU
Like Amish fiction
Enjoy dating mayhem
Believe God is in control

This is a great start to the Amish of Merigold series. It's a fun yet heartfelt read that was a joy to read. It has wonderful characters and a great story line. Parts of this book will have you laughing out loud, I loved it and highly recommend this book.
I received a complimentary copy from Zondervan Fiction via NetGalley and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

My Thoughts: Loved It!

Kathleen Fuller has such a way with her story telling that immediately draws you in. She also has characters that you connect with right from the start. You either love them, dislike them or go on a love/dislike roller coaster ride with how you feel about them. Such was the case with The Courtship Plan.

When I first met Charity Raber, she had me riding the roller coaster of like and dislike. However, her quirkiness and sincerity pulled me over to the like side, as did her courtship plan. When she began putting her plan in motion I found myself laughing out loud more than once. Charity was quite sure her plan was foolproof, but Jesse Bontrager thought otherwise. It was a good thing that he was there to save her from herself and her plan. And that's when things got even more interesting and drew me deeper into Charity and Jesse's story.

I absolutely loved this story! It made me laugh and it made me cry. It also had an element that touched me deeply because of how applicable it is to every day life. It has to do with taking responsibility, making things right no matter how much time has passed and forgiveness. That along with the romance, humor, great characters and the twists and turns of Charity and Jesse's journey made this amazing story a definite must read.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book. All comments and opinions are strictly my own.

Just fell in love with the characters in this story. Charity and Jesse are both fun characters

The things Charity did to get Jesse to court her were just hysterical. I loved her library research!

I so wanted them to just give it up already and fall in love!

I am a sucker for happy endings and was so upset when it didn't look like thing we're going to work out.

A truly good read

Highly recommend

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and couldn't put it down. I had to see what came next!

Charity is awkward and desperate. Jesse is a confirmed bachelor who pulled a dirty trick. They part ways and I thought it was over. That each would find another. But fate, or was it God, brought them back together and I really liked how it happened.

Sometimes I felt bad for each of the characters. Sometimes I wanted to shake them. A good story pulls you in and makes you feel emotions. This one did just that as I laughed, sighed, and even shed a tear or two. If you enjoy Amish fiction I highly recommend this one. Author Kathleen Fuller never disappoints.

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.

Kathleen Fuller's The Courtship Plan was a wonderfully sweet and delightful Amish tale. I loved it and am giving five stars.

Following Charity's bumbling machinations to "get a man and keep him" are totally hilarious! I laughed and laughed, so I'm rather sold on this clean, Christian romance novel. There is an Amish setting co-mingled with "The English," which adds twist and humor. Enter Jesse, who got what he deserved and more. Oh dear, I'm laughing again just thinking about it! Perhaps you can read and develop your own "courtship plan" and see what comes of it. BEWARE...Snicker, snicker.

~ Eunice C., Reviewer/Blogger ~

August 2022

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

As always I enjoy anything from this author!
This is Charity and Jesse's story and in my opinion of course the best one!
A sweet Amish read that you'll not want to put down until you've devoured this novel!
There were places that I just had to snicker at and some that will make your heart break for Charity and yes even for Jesse.
I can connect with Charity in a lot of ways. I think she tries too hard just like me at times.
I felt bad for her.
Monroe was just the sweetest thing! He knew what was what and whom he liked. He was the best!
I highly recommend this book. I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.