Whose Egg Is That?

Pub Date 31 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2023

Talking about this book? Use #WhoseEggIsThat #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A nonfiction guessing game that explores the connections between an animal, its eggs, and its habitat.

Written by a mammalogist at the Smithsonian, this clever preschool page-turner pairs seven eggs with information about the animals' survival mechanisms, asking kids to guess which animal laid which egg. Whose Egg Is That? reveals the animals--ranging from penguins to platypuses--in their own habitats.

PAGES 32

Send to Kindle (PDF)

aquí podemos ver un libro que nos muestra diferentes tipos de huevos de animales, es un buen libro para los niños puedan saber más sobre los animales, es muy educativo.

thanks to netgalley and Charlesbridge for an arc of this book

This book was so cute! As a preschool teacher I love when non-fiction books offer fun ways for children to connect with the material. This book offered a fun guessing game which allows children to use context clues to guess which animal the egg belongs to. I can already think of so many ways to extend this book into the class and can’t wait to add it to my classroom library.

Super cute illustrations, great facts. Would have liked it to be 2-3 animals longer, but overall, really enjoyed this book. Will be rereading w my 3 and 6yos

This simple picture book shows a variety of eggs and then reveals the type of animal that layed the egg. The eggs are described using a variety of adjectives, including colours, size and texture. The font is large and there is limited text on a page. The text is appropriately placed and easy to read, making this book very accessible. The beautiful illustrations help tell the story and encourage readers to examine the egg for ideas of who it could belong to. As a grade 3 teacher, I would recommend this book to parents and teachers of children in the age 3-7 range. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read and review this book!

Thank you to the publisher and author for a copy of this children's nonfiction in exchange for honest feedback. I honestly thought this was an excellently executed book. The book aims to be a guessing game that explores the connections between animals and their eggs/habitats. The book allows for readers to get involved in the learning process, which personally I find the most gratifying and resulting in long lasting knowledge. Great process and illustrations.

Thanks to NetGalley and Charlesbridge for the free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I love birds! Any bird really, but especially penguins. I also love platypuses, so when I saw this book with both on the cover I immediately requested it. And, let me tell you, it did not disappoint! At the start of the book you are presented with an illustration of an egg, and you try to guess what animal laid it. Simple, but very effective. The illustrations are gorgeous and the facts about each animal are interesting without being overwhelming. I will be reading this with my niece and nephew.

A beautifully illustrated book, from the series 'Whose is that?' describing eggs from different animals. The format was engaging, with use of large illustrations and simple text. The book would be ideal for use in Early Years education. The language was not technical but descriptive and felt accessible for young children.

Towards the end of the book, there is an additional page of extra egg facts. This has a little more substance to it , introducing slightly more complex, scientific language than seen in the main text: murre, cavity, dime (would need adjusting for audiences from a different country) fossilised, saliva. It did feel like the two sections of the book were aimed at different aged children. I think a small glossary would have been effective here to unpack this language in a simple way that was still appropriate for younger children.

Overall, a lovely book to introduce young children to animals that lay eggs.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for gifting me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Thanks to Netgalley and Charlesbridge for a free digital copy.

A great little primer on eggs and their different, shapes, sizes, locations, etc. Gives a broad overview and some great differing examples of species that lay eggs.

Written by a mammologist at the Smithsonian (so you’re not you’re getting some education and solid learning, in addition to just some pure fun with animals), this engaging, interactive little book pairs seven different eggs with information about the animal, allowing your little ones to guess which animal laid the egg. From penguins to platypus, your kiddos will learn about animals and be completely captivated with the guessing game within.

Who Egg is That? is a super cute book that kids would love to learn more about egg-laying animals. Colors and descriptions are used as well as beautiful illustrations.

Discover different kinds of eggs and the different types of animals who lay them in this delightful book. Each egg and its parent animal is described using vocabulary terms and concepts important for children to develop key early literacy skills. The illustrations are beautifully done and supplement the format and text of the book.

My kids love these type books where they need to guess which animal it is. This one has such great illustrations and information about the animal that lays the eggs. It has a good mix of species of animals. The extra egg facts at the end were great, too.

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Such a great book about different animal eggs and beautiful illustrations!

Whose Egg is That had a fun format with a clue and then the answer to the question. I learned some interesting facts about some animal species. This would be perfect for the k-3 crowd.

Cute way of teaching children about different eggs. Loved the illustrations. Would recommend it to my friends and family. Would be more perfect if the eggs where described in the metric system. This way 4.5 stars

Short, sweet, and to the point children's picture book with great information about unique eggs found in birds! It's really informative, but short and engaging for young children to learn. I think the examples used are great ones and the illustrations are lovely!

Thanks to netgalley for a free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Love the riddle format and beautiful illustrations! I’m excited to use this as a mentor text in my middle school classroom.