America's Classic Ballparks

Celebrating Parks Past and Present

Pub Date 20 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 13 Oct 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AmericasClassicBallparks #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

America’s Classic Ballparks takes you out to the ballgame with an interactive tour through America’s ballpark landmarks.

Baseball parks are as American as apple pie and America’s Classic Ballparks commemorates nine ballparks guaranteed to spark nostalgia for the old ball game. Featuring striking images, America’s Classic Ballparks offers a wealth of information on these beloved national landmarks.

The iconic ballparks featured include:

• Ebbets Field
  • Wrigley Field
  • Dodger Stadium
  • Oriole Park at Camden Yards
  • Oracle Park
Reliving everything from opening day at Fenway Park to the top ten moments in Yankee stadium, ballpark enthusiasts will revel in stadium trivia and cherish the historic photographs found throughout these pages.

Authored by prolific sportswriter James Buckley Jr., America’s Classic Ballparks is the perfect addition to any sports library.

Baseball parks are as American as apple pie and America’s Classic Ballparks ...

PAGES 208

America's Classic Ballparks by James Buckley is a fun read for any fan of the sport, even the most casual of one.

Part of the fun of going to a professional baseball game is the atmosphere, and a large part of that is the ballpark itself. One of the best feelings is coming through to the seating area and getting that first glimpse of the field. This book brings back all of those memories.

Baseball nostalgia is almost a beast unto itself. We fondly remember the places and games we saw, but we also tend to be nostalgic for things we never saw but only heard about. I have been to a number of the ballparks included here, and certainly enjoyed my walk down memory lane. But the ballparks I never visited I still felt nostalgic over, because they are such a big part of the history of the game. Many baseball fans become fans when they are young, so even the history-based nostalgia can take us back to our childhood. At least it does me.

While the truly iconic parks are included, readers will remember the places that stand out for them, usually because of where they lived. For me, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore is the place of my childhood (both baseball and football). DC/RFK Stadium was the other one for me because my dad, poor guy, was a Senators fan. While neither stadium is included the book still brought back memories of those ballparks.

Highly recommended for anyone who likes baseball. Whether the feel of going to the ballpark or the memories of baseball's milestones, this volume will take you back.

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via NetGalley.

Take yourself out to the ballgame… But if you can’t, keep content at home and peruse this nostalgic, classic celebration of our beloved and most famous American ballparks, past and present. Photographs, newspaper clippings, personal tales, fun facts, and more, all you’re missing is the concession stands. From Yankee Stadium to Fenway Park to Wrigley Park and more – this one will have you feeling ALL of the vibes.