Diary of a Lonely Demon
by Jon David
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 21 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 01 Dec 2022
For two years, I’ve been checking out a town on Earth. I know this one town is only scratching the surface of the planet. There is one curious ritual that I learned, and it’s called “dating.” Demons don’t “date.” It’s pointless to them, seeing as how they don’t believe in love or companionship. I don’t know why humans date either. I’ve seen them, and I can tell they have ulterior motives. There’s something weird about this human. He’s not a wizard, and yet he’s able to block my abilities somehow. He’s worthy of further…study. It’s just curiosity; that’s all it is, I’m sure.
Sunshine, chocolate, puppies. These aren’t the typical words found in most demon vocabularies. But then again, Morgalla isn’t your typical demon. She has a good heart and a terrible secret: she doesn’t like being a demon. Worse, her father is one of the lead demons in Hell and he expects her to follow in his footsteps and wreak havoc on Earth.
During one of her many visits to Earth disguised as a human, she meets Jasper. He’s kind and sweet and unlike anyone she’s ever met before. Does she dare show her true self? Is it possible that a demon could find love?
Despite the many challenges standing in her way, when trouble begins to brew between Earth and Hell, Morgalla must decide: Which side is she on?
A Note From the Publisher
- Indie Next List (February) Nomination
- Library Reads (February) Nomination
- National Review Coverage
- Direct marketing to Booksellers, Librarians, and Book Influencers
- Digital ARCs Offered on NetGalley, et al.
- Targeted Consumer Email Marketing
- Extensive Social Media Promotion
Key Selling Points:
- The series is a fun urban paranormal fantasy for the new adult reader
- The series features Morgalla, a demon from Hell who does not like being a demon
- Readers who enjoy books, TV, and movies like Buffy the Vampire Slayer will love the quirky and quick-witted Morgalla as well as the supporting cast of characters.