SAY IT ISN'T SO

Pub Date 09 Nov 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #SAYITISNTSO #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It is a dream come true for ten-year-old Becky when her parents take her and her younger sister on a cruise to the Bahamas.

But nothing is how it is supposed to be when her parents can’t stop fighting, and soon the trip turns out to be a true nightmare.

When she and her sister disappear as the ship is about to dock in Coco Cay, it also becomes a puzzling mystery.

How do you disappear on a cruise ship?

Why can’t they be found?

Could they have fallen overboard?

FBI profiler Eva Rae Thomas is flown in to assist on this bizarre but very time-sensitive case.

The parents both claim to know what happened to their children. Each of them blames the other for kidnapping them.

Who is telling the truth?

Meanwhile, the passengers are not allowed to leave the ship as the search continues, causing the tension to rise onboard. It becomes a race against time as a frustrated Eva Rae Thomas tries to find out what happened in the hours up until the disappearance of the two children.

When one of the children is found dead, she realizes this is more than a simple case of a parental dispute.

There’s a killer onboard.

But nothing is how it is supposed to be when her parents can’t stop...

EDITION Ebook
PAGES 250

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Whoa! Say It Isn't So, by Willow Rose, is one heck of a unique take on the modern suspense. Conspiracy theories are woven throughout the story and keep you on the edge of your seat all the way to the twist at the end. There were parts where I would have liked more detail about some of the "hows and whys" but otherwise, it's a great read.
Bryan, Tina and their children are on their first ever cruise as a family. It's supposed to be a dream vacation but things got off to a rocky start and they can't stop fighting. Then things get much, much worse!
Enter Eva Rae Thomas, FBI Profiler. She's been brought in to help the captain and local authorities make sense of a possible kidnapping. Unfortunately, not only aren't the parents being helpful, they're actively making matters worse.
Plus, since the other passengers have been forced to stay on the ship, they are quickly turning into an angry mob.
Eva is working as fast as she can to no avail. So, she's forced to call in reinforcements. She just hopes the team will be able to stop further catastrophe.

I fully admit I've been on a few cruises in my life and love them, I can only imagine the experience would be vastly different if there had been crimes on board, especially the type of crimes we find in this book.

With a dual timeline that was fairly easy to follow we have the story of Bryan an NFL player, and his wife Tina who may or may not be a tad shy of needing a stay in one of those nice places people go for "exhaustion" and their two children, Becky and Nicky.

The trouble starts shortly after Bryan and Tina get married and she makes some troubling comments to his family and seems to get more and more radical as the marriage goes on.

They decide to take a family cruise, Becky being ten years old was excited about the ship and the ports and the private island with the water park, her little sister Nicky was just happy to be getting time with her whole family and being well a three year old.

All of this brings us to the plot of this twisty tale of who did what, with everything from kidnapping to murder this one kept me on my toes the entire time, and while this may have been my first Willow Rose book it won't be my last.

Trying to figure out who was telling the truth, who had done what, and who was out to get who kept my brain spinning in the very best of ways and was a great example of a locked room.... well ship mystery. After reading this I don't think I'll ever look at cruise ships the same way again.

Thank you to NetGalley and BuoyMedia for providing a copy of this ebook, I have voluntarily read and reviewed it and all thoughts and opinions are my own.

In Say It Isn't So, the 12th book in Willow Rose's Eva Rae Thomas series, Eva Rae is brought in to investigate a rather perplexing mystery abroad a cruise ship. It should have been a dream vacation, but when two children and their mom go missing it turns into an absolute nightmare. When the mother turns up she blames her husband, he blames her, and of course beyond them there are plenty of other suspects on hand. And with the ship on lockdown the rest of passengers none too happy. As with all the books in this series, the story is wild with a ton of twists that took me by surprise. Thanks to Buoy Media and NetGalley for the chance to read an ARC of Say It Isn’t So.

Great mystery and fantastic intrigue…the father and the mother cannot be believed …red herrings abound…the protagonist is likable and a genius at unearthing clues…solving cases…the family…children…friends…romance…family dynamics…a cruise ship with angry passengers wanting to leave the ship…prisoners because of a murder and a missing child…oh, the sadness…hysterics…who is guilty? Who is. Innocent? Willow Rose is an author who has written a cannot put down story…a page turner…I liked this book. It does come to a surprising ending…I never guessed…this book was sent to me electronically by Netgalley for review. Thanks to the publisher and the author. Enjoy…

This book was full of twists and turns and kept you second guessing what you thought you knew. I enjoyed this easy to read thriller.

I love books by Willow Rose and in the past I found it hard to find a favorite but this one certainly ranks up there in the top three. In the future if I have to recommend a book for people to introduce them to this author it will definitely be this one. I love this series I love how much Ava Ray loves her children and then this book her having children helps her get the confession she needs to find the killer. This was so good I didn’t do a summary because so many others have enters no way I could’ve done better just know if you’re looking for a great mystery read Say It Isn’t So by willow rose in the Eva Ray mysteries Siri‘s you can read it definitely as a standalone but she is a great character and it is been interesting to see her grow and her family grow. I highly recommend this book and now I have to wait for the next one. I received this book from NetGalley and Buoy Media and Willow Rose, r but I am leaving this review voluntarily please forgive any mistakes as I am blind and dictate my review.

Wow. Lots of twists and turns in the storyline. Did not end like I thought it would...a real surprise ending. Great characters throughout the book.

I want to start by saying I really enjoyed this book, however when I first started it I got confused as to whether it was written for children or for adults. Once I got past the first chapter it all became clear and a I settled in for a very enjoyable read.

I loved the cruise ship setting, the different characters, the mystery and the twists. The flashbacks were entertaining and I loved the different layers/storylines which all came together. Well written and entertaining.

It was such a great book and can't wait to read more from this author.

Wow! What a crazy read! Geez and then to find out some of this is based on a true story?! Omg! This book had suspense, intrigue, murder, lizard people lol, and many crazy twists and turns! The storyline was so very interesting and crazy! But it kept me glued to my Kindle! I definitely recommend reading this book as it was well worth reading! Wow! Some really crazy twists! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

I feel sorry for the children. What a toxic environment. The endless fighting is sad. But who do you believe would kill the girls? And how can there be so many possibilities? The cruise ship setting is a good one. The story is full of twists and turns and that ending was a total surprise. Loved this one!

This is the 12th book in the Eva Rae Thomas series. It was a difficult read since there were children involved. Nevertheless, I would recommend as it was a good mystery.

Former FBI profiler Eva Rae Thomas is once again asked by the FBI to assist in a case. Two children have disappeared while on a cruise ship with their parents. The mother is also missing. The father is a famous football player & claims he is innocent of any wrongdoing. What happened?

After a tragic discovery, the search is even more frantic. Is there a chance that that Eva Rae can find the girls alive?

Not at all what I was expecting based on a cover that screams "summer light vibes". This was a fast paced - ♥️ very short chapters- psychological domestic thriller set aboard a luxury cruise. TW: a very young child is found murdered inside a suitcase, readers should know in advance. Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

Say It Isn't So is about two children who disappear on a cruise ship. The parents are fighting all the time and both of them have accused the other one of somehow kidnapping them. But when you find out more is involved it becomes much more than an accusation. I don't want to give anything away so you'll have to read this for yourself! It will definitely keep you guessing!

Pace:
The pacing didn't feel rushed even when you're thrown into the middle of a person's character, the flashbacks of Bryan and Tina really helped with getting to know them more in depth. While it left me wondering more about Travis and Elena, it did show more of who they are in their conversations throughout the book so I really appreciate that Willow didn't just info dump them. The ending was wonderfully wrapped up.

Characters:
Bryan
He is a professional football player who's rich and famous. I must say that he was an engaging character to me and honestly i felt bad for him especially when you know his past and how he is now and what he is dealing with in the present, buuut I will not say more so you have to read to find out more about him :)

Tina
She is the wife of Bryan and oh boy is she an interesting character, she isn't really made to be likable but her past was really really interesting so I found her to be a unique character so in that sense I really like her as a character. Her past self is honestly a very concerning character and a character you would find in real life and that is honestly pretty scary

Travis
While I dislike him, I somewhat feel bad for him to an extent because he did grow up in a rough place but either way it does not excuse what he has done. Desperate people do desperate things

Elena
She is Travis' sister and she is the only character I truly feel bad for in this book. She has gone through so much and Travis doesn't make it easier for her even though she loves him

Liked:
As I previously mentioned before, I do like that we find out more about Bryan and Tina in the form of flashbacks, and we learn more about Travis and Elena in their conversations instead of Willow info dumping or not letting us get to know the characters more. I do like how interesting some of the characters are and it sure fooled me on who the true villain was so I really loved that. This book was just really engaging for me and it kept me hooked to the end

Disliked:
Overall, I didn't really dislike anything about this book, but I just wish that we found out more about what happened to Travis and Elena, more specifically how Elena is dealing with everything that had happened.

Overall Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book and I was debating whether to give this a five star rating or a four star rating due to it not feeling fully complete for me, but this book had kept me invested and on the edge of my seat trying to find out what will happen next and it did wrap up the main story in a unexpected way so overall this is a 5 star book for me. It was also heartbreaking at some points and I was certainly worried about Becky's safety throughout the book. So this is up there as one of my favorite reads.

Recommendation:
I definitely recommend this to those who love this genre and are wondering if they should give this a read, even if you don't end up liking it as much this is certainly a fun and engaging book.

This book is definitely a good suspenseful mystery, and it keep you on the edge of your seat. I do not think I would read this if i was on a cruise ship, but it is definitely a great vacation read