I Ching, the Oracle
A Practical Guide to the Book of Changes: An updated translation annotated with cultural & historical references, restoring the I Ching to its shamanic origins
by Benebell Wen
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 26 Sep 2023 | Archive Date 24 Aug 2023
Now in a beautiful hardcover format with a ribbon bookmark.
Through in-depth annotations, cultural and historical references, and magical practices, Wen amplifies the wisdom—both profound and practical—of the 3,000-year old text. She includes aspects of the I Ching that have never before been translated into English, offering fresh perspectives on a classic work.
Rooted in her experience and knowledge as a Taiwanese-American occultist and Buddhist with deep family ties to Taoist mysticism, Wen's groundbreaking translation is accompanied by a critical analysis of earlier I Ching transmissions.
Readers will learn how to:
- Situate the I Ching within its historical and cultural context
- Interpret the hexagrams and utilize various divination methods, such as yarrow stalk, coin toss, cowrie shells, and rice grains
- Work with the I Ching for personal guidance and developing intuitive wisdom
- Understand correspondences of Taoist mystical tradition with other schools of metaphysics, including shamanism, faith healing, and soul retrieval
- Approach the Book of Changes as a grimoire and attain a foundational understanding of the eight trigrams and Wu Xing five alchemical phases
Whether you’re new to the I Ching or an experienced occultist, I Ching, The Oracle will deepen your understanding of esoteric Taoism and the art and craft of divination. Highlighting the two main schools of interpretation—Image and Numbers and Meanings and Principles—and exploring Taoist cosmology, mysticism, ritual practice, and the shamanic origins of the I Ching, Wen provides you with everything you need to apply the I Ching for life guidance, spiritual practice, and ancestral connection.
A Note From the Publisher
For more information or for a physical copy, please email email@example.com
Priority marketing title with additional budget allocations
Social media campaign
Pre-order campaign with incentives