Pixels and Paint

This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Buy on Amazon Buy on BN.com Buy on Bookshop.org
*This page contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app

To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add kindle@netgalley.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date Jul 04 2023 | Archive Date Aug 18 2023
Oholiab Creations | Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #PixelsandPaint #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!


For Emma Trinket, life is a delicate balancing act between loving her family and pursuing interests they don’t understand. When the opportunity arises to finally impress them with her job as a computer programmer, she jumps at it even if it means immersing herself in a world she’s despised since childhood.

Unfortunately the one man who could crush her prospects is also the best person to help her navigate the lessons she needs to be a success.

Artistic expression is both Carter Anderson’s safe space and his livelihood, but his fading inspiration has him worried about his place in life. His encounters with Emma spark a passion to create that he hasn’t felt in years and he isn’t ready to let go of his new muse even if she’s threatening the sanctity of his art world with her digital technologies.

As each tries to gain an advantage from the other, Emma and Carter discover they actually might be more compatible than they thought. Will that be enough to unify their opposing missions or will the real differences between pixels and paint tear them apart?

For Emma Trinket, life is a delicate balancing act between loving her family and pursuing interests they don’t understand. When the opportunity arises to finally impress them with her job as a...

A Note From the Publisher

eBook: 9781959589075

eBook: 9781959589075

Available Editions

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781959589068
PRICE $15.99 (USD)

Available on NetGalley

NetGalley Shelf App (EPUB)
Send to Kindle (EPUB)
Download (EPUB)

Average rating from 129 members

Featured Reviews

This just may have been my most anticipated book of 2023. I have read all of Kristi Ann Hunter's historical romances. When I heard she was writing a contemporary rom-com, I think I literally squealed!

I was able to receive an advanced copy from the author through Netgalley and read it in one day! That is a big deal for this mostly audiobook consumer! I even stopped reading/listening to 2 other books I had begun and stayed up way past my bedtime to finish!

The world Ms. Hunter paints in this book is full of her signature humor and heart. I had certain expectations of what the story would be. But I was wrong. And I am so glad I was. I hate any type of spoiler before reading a book, so I won't elaborate beyond that.

I am personally not an artistic type of person and related to Emma very easily. I also appreciated the pop cultural references throughout the story. I laughed out loud several times. I also felt the feelings of frustration and sadness and hope and despair.

While I loved what I got from the book, I would not have been upset with a little more. Seeing Carter interact with Emma's family or more wouldn't have been unwelcome. Perhaps we will get to see some of that in the next book in the series. I definitely need more Emma and Carter in that one!

Thank you to Kristi Ann Hunter and Netgalley for the complimentary copy. I'm happy to leave my honest review and will be purchasing my own copy once publication day arrives!

Was this review helpful?

I had a giant grin on my face 90% of this book…the other 10% was all the feels ever!
It’s so good!
As an artist, I can see how much research went into it and really appreciate that aspect!
Emma ugh I just love her! It’s so hard when you can’t be your true self in front of family and have to compartmentalize everything! Her journey was beautifully done.
Carter is fantastic! I adore him and how he isn’t perfect but has realistic blind spots and wanted to fix them.
The art aspect was a joy and actually had my fingers itching for my pencils.
The side characters were so well done I can’t wait for Amy’s story!
My only qualm was I wish it was longer, I would have loved to see Carter and Emma interact with her mother and honestly I kinda wanted Jason to meet Amy 🙈.
I definitely think this is a must read if you’re in the mood for a feel good sweet romance.

I acquired a copy of this book via net-galley, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Was this review helpful?

Readers who liked this book also liked: