Anxiety and Depression in Teens
Develop Mindfulness Strategies & Coping Skills to Manage Emotions, Control Your Thoughts & Boost Confidence
by Grace Taylor
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 24 May 2023 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2023
It’s finally here – an essential self-help book that treats you not as the victim of depression and anxiety, but as the victor of a life-long condition very few people have the guts to face head-on
We all have bad days.
We sleep through our alarm. We forget to do our homework. We wake up to a face full of fresh, oily zits that no amount of concealer and powder can hide.
But what do you do when one bad day turns into one bad year, and no amount of sobbing and screaming under the covers can make that heavy, constricting, suffocating, sinking feeling in your chest go away?
It’s true – the kids are not alright.
There is a rise in clinically diagnosed teenage depression and anxiety. On top of recovering from a global outbreak and navigating life as a teenager, you’re also grappling with intense feelings of hopelessness, fear, worry… and seemingly endless despair.
Anxiety is no joke. Depression is not a game. These are real, debilitating conditions that affect a teenager’s ability to live, laugh, and enjoy life as a regular kid. And you’re somehow expected to just… deal with it?
You’re a teenager. You need better equipment. You need better information.
You’ve memorized your multiplication tables and you know how to solve for x, but we’ve somehow forgotten to teach you stuff that matters:
How to handle stress, shut off negative thoughts, and stop, close your eyes, and just breathe.
This book is going to rectify that by teaching you how to manage the detrimental effects of anxiety and/or depression on your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health – in ways that are both effective and sustainable.
It offers both short-term, on-the-spot techniques to battle negative thought patterns and consistent, long-term solutions that promote healing and lasting treatment.
Aside from the cognitive interventions you can use to combat negative thought spirals, you’ll also discover:
● The 6 most common anxiety disorders and how they can physically affect your body
● The key difference between a panic attack and an anxiety attack and why knowing it matters
● The 12 most common, tell-tale symptoms of teenage anxiety to help you check if that’s what you’re experiencing
● The 3 main principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, the current Gold Standard of psychotherapy!
● The Sour Candy Panic Attack Hack to ease your mind and calm your body (as seen on TikTok!)
● 5 simple households objects you can use to build yourself a first-aid kit for panic attacks
● What it means to have High-Functioning Anxiety – and why it’s not necessarily a good thing
● Common myths and misconceptions about adolescent anxiety and depression
● Healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with anxiety or depression triggers – avoidance is not one of them!
● Easy at-home hobbies you can do to combat depression and anxiety
● The 54321 grounding technique you can use to calm yourself down before or after a panic attack
● How weighted blankets, fidget toys, and meditation apps can give you much-needed relief
And so much more.
You deserve a life free of fear, uncertainty, and anxiety. You deserve a life where you don’t have to second-guess every step you take and every day isn’t just another battle to fight.
This book will give you the best tools possible to achieve that life.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 3 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
New Adult, Romance, Sci Fi & Fantasy