To Live With A Stranger

Buy on BN.com Buy on Bookshop.org
*This page contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.

Pub Date 01 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 08 Dec 2023

Talking about this book? Use #ToLiveWithAStranger #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When Cathy Reed and Mark Daniels each inherit Cregane Court, a charming yet neglected cottage in the quaint village of Ballybawn, they are strangers brought together by a peculiar twist of fate. Tasked with a challenge set forth in the will, they face opposition from the very solicitor entrusted with the estate, Roman O’Driscoll, who seems to have reasons of his own for steering them away from accepting.

Determined to uncover the truth behind Roman's veiled motivations, Cathy and Mark choose to confront the challenge head-on. As they breathe new life into the old cottage, they also begin to see new possibilities within themselves. Cathy taps into a newfound resilience, and Mark ventures beyond the comfort of his old ways.

In the midst of their struggle against a common adversary, an unexpected romance takes root, reshaping their lives and leading them to question everything they thought they knew about love.

Cregane Court becomes more than a place—it becomes a catalyst for transformation, connecting two disparate lives and setting them on a course neither could have anticipated. Join Cathy and Mark as they navigate the murky waters of inheritance, face down hidden agendas, and find companionship and purpose in the unlikeliest of places.

ISBN 000B09JF2P76R
PRICE £2.54 (GBP)
PAGES 299

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Sweet, slow burn romance with a rather creepy solicitor trying to line his own pockets.

Cathy Reed and Mark Daniels have never met, until they meet at solicitor Roman O’Driscoll's office to find out that they have inherited Cregane Court, together. To secure the property, the will stipulates that they must live there for two years.

Both Cathy and Mark are developing as persons as they work on the cottage; finding sides to themselves that they have long neglected due to the many work expectations they have been faced with.

The cottage slowly comes to life, and so do Cathy and Mark. Cregane Court becomes becomes a catalyst for transformation and change, and the chance to rid the village of a dodgy solicitor.

A story of transformation and change of the characters but also the property they inherit. The characters
have never met, until they find out that they have inherited Cregane Court, together. It was enjoyable seeing the characters transformation as well as the transformation of the property.

To Live With a Stranger is a well written romance. Good plot and character dynamics. I really enjoyed the book. My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my book. This is my unbiased review.

This is the best slow burn, forced proximity romance novel I have ever read.
Cathy and Mark inherit a cottage together and who have never met each other.
I liked the story a lot.

I would like to thank the author for the ARC.

This was an enjoyable book to read. Cathy and Mark inherited a small house in the country that Cathy's great Aunt had lived in. The stipulation in the will said they had to live in the house together for 2 years for it to be final. These two didn't know each other, but as they both wanted a change, they said yes. The solicitor was not happy about it and kept coming around saying he could get them out of it. Cathy had a sister that seemed to lived to put her down and was working with the solicitor to make them move. Bruce had a job that he really didn't like and finally decided to quit. The extra characters in this story were just as good as Cathy and Mark. Luke was a homeless artist that came to work for them and this story was intriguing. Sno was someone Cathy had met at a coffee shop. and she also came to live with them after a sudden change in her life. And William was so fun. He was a late 80 gentleman that lived down the road from the country house and had lots to add to this group. The last main character in the story was the solicitor that was not to be trusted and came across as sleezy.

I got this book from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review

This was an enjoyable read. The characters are very unique and quirky. So much so that they become likable.
I was rooting for Mark and Cathy as you are involved in their fate from the start. The other characters are wonderfull too. I couldn't put this down, finished it in one sitting and felt all the better for reading it. Thoroughly recommended.