Hunted

Pub Date 16 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 15 Apr 2024

Talking about this book? Use #Hunted #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The third instalment in the paranormal romance series that Booklist calls a "fresh, suspenseful take on the genre"!

The battle for Belle Morte is over, but five dangerous vampires have escaped the mansion and are still at large in the city. Realizing that this could result in more casualties, reclusive Belle Morte vampire Ludovic volunteers to track them down and bring them back. Knowing that Ludovic has little understanding of the modern world, human Belle Morte donor Roux insists on going with him.

As they work together, they begin to develop feelings for each other, which grow into a physical relationship, though neither of them know what will happen when they have to return to Belle Morte...

EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9781990259517
PAGES 440

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Thanks Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book. I read Hunted without reading the other books in the series first. But I will go back and read them now I was hooked from the start. I couldn’t put it down. The story was easy to follow even though I hadn’t read the other books and I didn’t feel lost or anything. The relationship between Roux and Ludovic was sweet despite everything that was happening. And there were so many other characters that were intriguing as well. The twist kept me on my toes. Overall it was a thumbs up from me.

*****5 stars!

“They can knock you down, but they cannot keep you down.”

First I would like to thank Wattpad Books and NetGalley for allowing me to read an arc of this book! I am honored to have been given the chance to read it and give it an honest review!

I absolutely adored this book, just as I adored the first two! This series is one I’ve always enjoyed from the moment it first appeared on Wattpad years ago. It's been such a delight not only to see this series get the attention it deserves but to read it all over again after so long. While I missed Edmond and Renie, I absolutely adored the tension and the dynamic between Roux and Ludovic! I was hooked the moment I started this book and I could hardly put it down.

Roux and Ludovic had such an interesting relationship; where Ludovic saw pain and darkness, Roux saw positivity and light, I absolutely loved how they came together in this story. They balanced each other out so wonderfully, and I couldn’t help but root for them the entirety of the story! I really enjoyed getting to know Ludovic and hearing his story, it definitely pulled at your heartstrings. I also really enjoyed getting to know Roux as a character, her story was definitely relatable!

The twists and turns of this story always kept me on the edge of my seat, desperate to start the new chapter so I could find out what was going to happen next. Bella Higgin also has such a wonderful way with words, I adored how descriptive the book was. I felt I could envision it all in my head perfectly with the way she described everything, thus making this story very easy to fall into.

Once again this book is definitely one of my favorites of this year, I absolutely can’t wait to read about Jason and Gideon next! If you’re interested in vampire romances with perfect romantic tension, action, mystery and plot twists, I would highly recommend this book!

Bella Higgin's "Hunted" is an enthralling vampire saga that skillfully entwines elements of romance, suspense, and the supernatural. After the dust settles from the battle at Belle Morte, Ludovic, a reclusive vampire, teams up with the modern-minded human Belle Morte donor, Roux, to apprehend five dangerous vampires on the loose. The interplay between Ludovic's timeless charisma and Roux's contemporary sensibilities creates a compelling synergy. As their partnership unfolds, a tender romance blossoms, adding a layer of complexity to the narrative. Higgin crafts a story that keeps readers eagerly turning pages, offering a perfect blend of paranormal excitement and heartfelt connection. "Hunted" stands out as a must-read for those seeking a vampire tale that skillfully combines suspense and romance.