Blunt Force

Pub Date 09 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 10 Apr 2024

Talking about this book? Use #BluntForce #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When Private Investigator Cooper Malone’s best friend, Heather, comes back from a party cruise on the Mardis Gras Rio, she is convinced that someone was killed at sea and the company is covering it up. Coop takes the case, knowing it won’t be easy. He has no body, no evidence of a crime, and too many suspects—not to mention that his crime scene is out at sea.

Sifting through a web of half-truths and odd characters, with the police snooping around his case and the cruise company refusing to cooperate, Coop must cross a few lines to keep his promise to his friend and himself. Something shady is going on aboard the Rio, something that reaches far beyond the case he was hired to solve. He just doesn’t know what yet—and what he doesn’t know could end up killing him.

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781954676664
PAGES 264

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Blunt Force started slowly and continued to build until an action filled climax. Loved the “working” relationship between Coop, CJ and Courtney. Hope Coop and CJ will give it another try! I received an ARC from NetGalley, and the opinions expressed are my own.

The book i wasn't sure about but i requested on cover totally, i really love the cover. At first the book starts off slow and i wasn't sure whether i wanted to continue. As I continued to read, it definitely built to the action of the book as i read on further. Coop and CJ were my favorite and i loved the characters working together. I really liked the book and will look for more from this author.

Thanks NetGalley for letting me read and review.

This book has excellent characters, and the plot is very good except for the strange situation with no police involvement in a murder. The pace is good, making this an entertaining book.

This is a fun book to read. It does contain a bit of character development
in the beginning, and I wanted it to move along. Then it started to fly and
it was great fun. The entire fiasco begins when Coops best friend, Heather,
returns from a girls cruise with a vision or a disturbing dream. After she’
explains it to Coop, CJ & Courtney,,( the trio from the PI Agency) find themselves
in serious trouble with an actual mess of locations, Law Enforcement Agencies
strong personalities who are bound and determined to figure out what
the ladies might know, or might have seen on what was supposed to be a super
fun girls cruise. After the Author builds some foundation and introduces characters
the story flies~there is scant bio on the Author but it seems this could well be a
series in the works. I would hope so. The story is well written, interesting, and the
relationships are nice. The world is all aligned by the time Coop and the myriad
Government agencies are all involved in what started out rather small and not
quite verified, into something that (again) could certainly be used in the future.
I enjoyed this book and thank the folks at Indigo River Publishing , via NetGalley,
for the opportunity to read this book for review purposes. The book will be
available 9 April, 2024.

What I could enjoy of this action escapade was very good, but I think that it would be far more enjoyable if read in segments more than twenty minutes. However, it is not TTS enabled.
I requested and received a free temporary PDF from Indigo River Publishing via NetGalley. Thank you!
Available 09 Apr 2024
Not TTS enabled for visually impaired