That Prince is Mine

Pub Date 30 Jul 2024 | Archive Date 13 Aug 2024
St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin

A love-averse Korean royal court cuisine instructor is waylaid by a gorgeous professor—and prince in disguise—who will do anything to prove to her that love and happily ever after can be theirs.

Emma Yoon dreams of opening her very own culinary school in Los Angeles. She’s saving up for it by teaching young ladies the art of Korean royal court cuisine, a prerequisite to marrying into the exclusive upper crust Korean families. Thanks to her godmother, a renowned Korean matchmaker, business is booming, and Emma doesn’t have the time, nor the desire, to settle down herself. But when rival matchmakers come after her godmother by taking issue with Emma’s single status, her godmother’s reputation and Emma’s dreams face potential ruin. To save them both, Emma sets out on a series of arranged first dates to find the perfect-on-paper husband—even if she’s not ready for love. But after several disastrous first dates, she meets the gorgeous and irresistible Michel Aubert, a professor at USC and most definitely not her ideal match.

Prince Michel Aubert is bound by duty and responsibility to his country, but he refuses to marry a woman handpicked by his elders. If he must spend the rest of his life in service of his people, he wants to do it with someone he loves and trusts by his side. He only has one chance of evading the arranged marriage—by finding a bride he does love in a few short weeks before the engagement is formally announced. Michel escapes to Los Angeles and assumes the role of an ordinary professor to find the love of his life, someone who loves him for himself rather than his crown. And serendipity leads him right to Emma Yoon, who might just be the woman of his dreams.

Emma...

PAGES 400

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I absolutely loved this book. I absolutely love royalty romance books and this book was just what I wanted. This book was amazing!

I fell in love with every page in this book. The story was heartwarming and beautiful, with a romance sweet enough to cause you to lose yourself in your reading. I couldn’t put it down!

The premise of the story comes up so naturally. Nothing feels like forced exposition and the dialogue is realistic. Everything makes sense, and everything is explained, which I was happy about.

I love how likeable Emma is right off the bat. She side eyes literally any weird comment about women and their “place” in society in a tasteful way that doesn’t feel overdone by the author, but in a more realistic sense. It’s a breath of fresh air. [minor spoiler: she really was that girl for ending a blind date over the guy not liking Keanu Reeves].

The book is so fully fleshed out. We get to see Emma in her element, we get to see her at work, cooking with clients in detail, rather than some off hand comment that she’d just finished a lesson. We get to see Rouleme, see Michel’s dynamics with his friends and family. We get to see Emma’s relationships with those around her, from a cafe waitress to her godmother, who, by far, is one of my favorite characters in this book.

Michel is a great love interest— he is respectful and kind, and just different enough from Emma to where their relationship feels more like a relationship and less like a fairtytale. Their chemistry is wonderfully written, and I enjoyed reading chapters from his perspective as they definitely added more depth to the book.

DEFINITELY pick up this book if you’re looking for a sweet, swoonworthy romance that has you giggling along with the characters!

I LOVED this story! The romance was done just right and so was the spice. I also enjoyed the theme and plot. I love all of Jayci Lee’s books. She has definitely became an auto-buy for me.

I truly enjoyed this sweet and enduring love story and how it developed. These characters desperately needed a happily ever after and the way they got it was so wonderful. And all the cooking was perfectly described and left you very hungry! This author never disappoints.

Captivating, suspenseful, entertaining novel! This beautiful story kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it! Would highly recommend to those who enjoy this genre.

I just love Jayci Lee books! Such a cute little romance book to read. I devoured this easy read cover to cover. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin for a copy of this book for an honest review.

A charming romance between Emma -- an American-Korean chef and commoner in L.A. -- and Michel, a visiting USC prof who hides his true royal heritage. Enchanting!

A very cute and fun twist! This book had heat and heart and a cute love story to boot! I really like the infusion of Korean culture and royal aspect!! This was my first book by this author and the writing was good and easy to read! X