Cook with Confidence

Over 100 Inspiring Recipes to Cook and Eat Together

Pub Date Sep 24 2024 | Archive Date Sep 24 2024

Talking about this book? Use #CookwithConfidence #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Unleash your culinary creativity with over 100 delicious recipes from host of Netflix's Restaurants on the Edge, chef Dennis Prescott. His new book, Cook with Confidence, is packed with approachable recipes and mouth-watering flavors inspired by his global travels and maritime influences from living in New Brunswick. Guaranteed to take your cooking to the next level, this indispensable cookbook gives you all the tips you need to keep your cooking stress-free—and your dining table a place of connection and community.

For Dennis, there's no greater way to connect with those you love than gathering around a table. And these rock-solid, delectable recipes allow you to do just that! With Dennis as your guide, you can tackle every challenge in the kitchen, including how to make more sustainable seafood choices, how to become a grill master, how to stock your pantry, and how to serve up some beautiful homemade pasta.

Brimming with flavors that pack a punch, these recipes guarantee a menu that will dazzle your friends and family with every bite. Some highlights include:

• Delicious snacks and starters, including Beef and Eggplant Fatteh or the Carrot and Coriander Fritters with Turmeric Yogurt
  • Seasonal salads and succulent sides, like the Miso Butter Mushrooms with Garlic Bok Choy or the Nicoise Salad with Blackened Trout
  • Savory pastas, including classics like Cacio e Pepe to Roasted Cauliflower Rigatoni with Pangrattato
  • Plant-forward mains, featuring dishes like the Black Bean Edamame Burgers and Falafel Mezze Bowls
  • Fresh seafood dishes, like the Ponzu Tuna with Crispy Wontons and Papaya Salad or the Crab Bisque with Rosemary Croutons
  • Meat-forward mains, including an Orange and Fennel Braised Ragù and the Steak Frites with Creamy Whiskey Peppercorn Sauce

Whether you're brand new to the kitchen or a bit more seasoned (pun intended), Dennis's book is a mainstay for anyone searching for confidence and connection in their culinary adventures. With Dennis's well-won wisdom and simple tips in tow, you're guaranteed to elevate your cooking skills and minimize your stress, leaving you plenty of time and energy to focus on the people you love.

PAGES 280

I really enjoyed this cookbook. As someone who cooks a lot at home but isn't particularly adventurous or has the patience to refine my skills, this book definitely makes me rethink and readjust my cooking habits. It should be treated as a craft. This book definitely inspires me to change my perspective, slow down, and focus on enjoying the process rather than the end result.

Great read that allowed me to learn techniques and tricks that made me feel more comfortable in the kitchen

This is a beautiful cookbook with creative and diverse recipes. Interspersed with anecdotes, this tells a story of the inspiration for these varied recipes. It details these by creative categories and includes gorgeous photographs of the recipes.

In Cook with Confidence, Dennis Prescott has written a cookbook filled with over 100 recipes. He grew up in as a Canadian in New Brunswick. He is from a small town, called Riverview. They love their seafood there and had high tides. He at first had a dream of becoming a musician and he shared a little about how he made his first record and travelled around in a van. He realized that he was becoming out of shape and he decided to learn how to cook. This led him to having a passion to cook every day and try and fail at new recipes. He was able to work in a few restaurants, catering, run a coffee and doughnut shop, wrote a column for Food & Wine magazine, wrote a few cookbooks, and grew his social media accounts. He divided the book into a few different sections such as, kickstart my heart with snacks, seasonal salads, pasta, plant powered meals, under the sea, meaty mains, and much more.

Some of my favorite topics was how to open up an oyster, the importance of salt and favoring, and tips on grilling. Some of the recipes enclosed were, loaded grilled chicken nachos, creamed lobster dip, confit tomato, grilled peach, and burrata salad, grilled tequila-chili chicken fajitas with spiked sour cream, healthy fish and chips, and so much more.

I would recommend this awesome cookbook to anyone is seeking a new cookbook filled with mouthwatering recipes. I loved how colorful and beautiful the photographs were of the food and the personal photos of him enjoying meals with family and friends. There are excellent seafood ideas and you can tell he really enjoys serving and cooking with different meats and veggies. I can’t wait to try some of these. I really liked also how he included cooking tips on how to cook the challenging seafood items that people sometimes can struggle with. He did a great job in explaining it in easy terms. My favorite one I want to try is the fajitas cause his pictures makes it look so tasty.

Cook with Confidence focuses on creating meals that are stress free and encourage new culinary techniques perfect for entertaining. The recipes are extravagant like different types of oysters.

The Sections are
Kickstart My Heart: Snacks and Starters for Every Delicious Occasion
Seasonal Salads and Succulent Sidekicks
There’s Always Room for a Little Pasta
Plant Powered: Vegetable-Forward Mains
Under the Sea
An Omnivore’s Delight: Meaty Mains for every Occassion

Each recipe has servings, a little blurb, ingredients, and directions. The directions are in paragraph form. The recipes all included beautiful pictures.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I love a good cookbook and this one is one I would like to buy and keep on my cookbook shelf and of course use all the time. It is a book that is useful to the beginner cook and the more experience cook as there is always something new to learn.

The recipes are easy to use and follow and they all sound so tantalisingly good. From snacks and starters this book covers a full range of cooking options as well as hints, tips and techniques. A wonderful Cookbook for everyone. Love it.

Thank you NetGalley and Harper Celebrate for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.