Harte's Peak

Pub Date 20 Jun 2014 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2016
Pelican Book Group, White Rose Publishing

Vera Carrington loves her newly renovated home and her cafe, The Bean, but with a balloon mortgage looming over head and a man from her past ready to bounce on her misfortune, she may have to face the agonizing decision of keeping one and selling the other.

Deputy Sheriff, Ryan Colton, is a new man in Christ. His days as a flamboyant pro-circuit skier are behind him, but to help Vera keep her home and her business, he agrees to coach her for an upcoming open ski tournament. He even agrees to hand over the purse if he should win.

Can Vera beat the odds and win the tournament? Will Ryan save the day, or will they both learn to trust God, no matter the outcome?

A Note From the Publisher

Thank you for reading and reviewing this Christian Fiction title from Pelican Book Group.

EDITION Ebook

This was a great story. Throw together two competitive, stubborn people and you get an interesting story of romance and trust. I really enjoyed reading this story and would definitely recommend it to others. If you like Christian romance then this is for you.

I absolutely loved this book. Vera was closed off to men. She had a previous relationship that left her broken and not open to the possibilities of a wonderful, loving relationship. She felt she didn't deserve it. Ryan had a checked past but had found God and had turned his life around. He cared deeply for Vera but all she could see was the man he used to be and didn't feel that someone could change that much. Because of some financial difficulties in Vera's life, Ryan offered to help her and they began to spend more time together. Could she ever see Ryan for the wonderful man that he was and could she ever see herself deserving of that kind of love. You will have to read this book to find out those answers. I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit I had a little trouble getting into the story initially. That is not to say I didn't enjoy the book overall. I found the story had a difficult flow for me. Once I got past that I enjoyed the story of Ryan & Vera. I would have enjoyed more descriptions of the town and ski area. I admit I like to travel when I read!!! Once I got into the story it flowed more evenly and I could not stop reading until I finished the book at 1 AM. It was a good story filled with Christian references and values. I would definitely read another book by this author. I received a free, advance copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my unbiased review.

I liked this book! It was a good book about a looming financial crisis and a friend who wants help. The change in the Deputy was believable as was her hesitancy in believing it.

Really enjoyed the re-connecting made by a former model who thinks she isn't good enough find Gods grace again.

I love a good chick lit story and this filled that genre. It was good for it to be from the Christian perspective too.

I really enjoyed this Christian romance. The characters are very warm and real - very likable. And the circumstances that arise are believable and not overdone or too "nice" as Christian novels sometimes are. There are bad people and good people and those who are somewhere in between, long-time believers, new believers and those who have gone astray. If you enjoy inspirational romance that isn't too sugar-coated and has realistic characters and their struggles, you will enjoy this story.