Breaking Sad

What to Say After Loss, What Not to Say, and When to Just Show Up

Pub Date 14 Nov 2017 | Archive Date 13 Nov 2017

Real stories and real feedback on what should be said, what should be kept to yourself, and what can be done when trying to support someone you care about as they navigate loss. Breaking Sad helps us start conversations through its pages of personal stories and suggestions from everyday survivors—bringing us all to a place where we can more comfortably offer support and caring to people when they need it most. Featuring stories from Montel Williams, Olivia Newton-John, Scott Hamilton, Giuliana Rancic, Valerie Harper, and more!

Send to Kindle (PDF)

While I am currently unable to post my review on Amazon I will do so when allowed after it is released. This book is full of examples of any and all types of loss. I originally thought it would be only death of loved ones but it is so much more than that. From all of the different ways the contributors expressed their feelings to the reflection of what helped and what didn't this book is a wonderful guide for a journey through loss for you or someone you care for. The writings at times left me feeling a little invasive but by the end of those parts I felt as if it was therapeutic for them and all of the readers. As someone who has experienced many of the feelings included or who has loved ones who have gone through these losses, I am glad there is something out there that can help during these rough times no matter what side of the loss you are on ( self, friend, family, coworker). Thank you ladies for this wonderful compilation. God bless.

Thank you to the authors and publisher for this wonderful book. We all at times find ourselves having to deal wih a death be it of a human or a pet, or someone related to this person. This book is a good testament on what to say and things to do as well as things not to say and do. I must admit, I am guilty of saying phrases that I read in this book to a grieving person ie: What happened? among a few others. I really liked how the book gave you a bit of background on the circumstances that led the person who was giving the Do' and Dont's as it pertained to their situation. All the advice was very good and I am sure I will remember them for a long time. Very quick read but powerful. Thanks to NetGalley, the authors and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review.