Girl, Wash Your Face

Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

Pub Date 06 Feb 2018 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2020

Talking about this book? Use #GirlWashYourFace #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER – OVER 3 MILLION COPIES SOLD

Do you ever suspect that everyone else has life figured out and you don’t have a clue? If so, Rachel Hollis has something to tell you: that’s a lie.

If you have ever said any of these things to yourself . . .

Something else will make me happy.I’m not a good mom.I will never get past this.I am defined by my weight.I should be further along by now.

. . . then you could benefit from the unflinching faith and rock-hard tenacity Rachel Hollis has in store for you. In this challenging but conversational book, Rachel exposes the twenty lies and misconceptions that too often hold us back from living joyfully and productively, lies we’ve told ourselves so often we don’t even hear them anymore.

Rachel is real and talks about real issues. More than that, she reveals the specific practical strategies that helped her move past them. In the process, she encourages, entertains, and even kicks a little butt, all to convince you to do whatever it takes to get real and become the joyous, confident woman you were meant to be. Because you really can live with passion and hustle – and give yourself grace without giving up.

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER – OVER 3 MILLION COPIES SOLD

ISBN 9781400201655

Send To Kindle (PDF)

First, I didn't finish the book. I was very close to the end, but by then I had skipped some chapters; specifically when it came to raising children (as mine are already raised). However, I do feel I read enough to write a bit of a review. I'm not big on hearing that "your faith in God" is part of the path to happiness. I don't think that faith plays a part in helping a person deal with stress from (for example) work and your issues there. Bill paying and having money to pay those bills. Trying to find love (which is kind of addressed in the book). Further, I don't think I'm the audience for this book. I'm 49 and single with grown children. This seems geared to those who love "mommy blogs" and who are still raising children. I'm more into inspirational type blogs or authors (for instance, Brene Brown). She is a great writer and does well on her personal stories, so reading the book itself was not difficult. I simply could not relate to many of the instances and situations in this book at this point in my life.