No Meat Athlete, Revised and Expanded
A Plant-Based Nutrition and Training Guide for Every Fitness Level—Beginner to Beyond [Includes More Than 60 Recipes!]
by Matt Frazier, Matt Ruscigno
Pub Date 02 Oct 2018
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #NoMeatAthleteRevisedAndExpanded #NetGalley
No Meat Athlete combines proven training plans, easy yet innovative recipes, and motivational stories into a unique fitness guide, healthy-living cookbook, and nutrition primer. The guide is perfect for all athletes, from beginner to elite, who want to enjoy the health benefits of a meatless lifestyle.
Veganism, already a top food trend and diet, is taking off in the sports world. The lifestyle has been adopted by Olympians, body builders, and boxers, as well as top athletes in the NBA and NFL. Hollywood is on board, too. James Cameron (director of Avatar and Titanic) has produced a film on the topic called The Gamechangers, which follows vegan athletes, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, U.S. Olympian Kendrick James Farris, and surfer Tia Blanco.
In No Meat Athlete, Author, blogger, and hundred-mile ultramarathoner Matt Frazier, will show you the many benefits to embracing a meat-free athletic lifestyle, including: Weight loss, which often leads to increased speedEasier digestion and faster recovery after workoutsImproved energy levels to help not only athletic performance, but your daily lifeReduced impact on the planet
In this revised and updated edition, you'll also find new recipes, advice, and an all-new 12-week strength training plan designed to improve your overall fitness. Section I of the book provides practical advice for transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle, while ensuring you are getting all the nutrition you need. Here you'll also find recipes to maximize performance, endurance, and recovery. In Section II, Matt delivers training manuals of his own design for runners of all ability levels and ambitions, including tips for creating healthy habits, improving performance, and avoiding injuries.
No Meat Athlete is your road map to top-notch performance, the plant-based way!
• New edition has new recipes, advice, and additional training plans
• Author has an engaged and large following, including 250,000 newsletter subscribers and 125,000 Facebook fans
• Athletes who follow a plant-based diet are gaining more respect than ever before (like Tom Brady's bestselling TB12 Method)
Key Campaign Activity
• National media outreach to fitness, food and men’s lifestyle media
• Pre order campaign on author’s platform
• Long lead media outreach targeting fitness, food and men’s lifestyle media
• Pitch author for key TV, radio and podcast interviews
• Pre order campaign on author’s social platform (250,000 newsletter subscribers and 125,000 Facebook likes)
• Submit for review in Publishers Weekly, Shelf Awareness, Booklist and Foreword Reviews
• Display at BEA/BookCon
• Consider for book trailer on Quarto YouTube
• Promotion on Quarto Lives
Publicity/Media:Magazines: Health, Prevention, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Shape, Runner’s World, Muscle & Fitness, EatingWell, Esquire, GQ, Men’s Journal, Flex, Time, Newsweek, VegNews, Vegetarian TimesNewspapers: The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, lifestyle/health editors at top 50 regional newspapersOnline: online editors for all magazines, Bayesian Bodybuilding, Roman Fitness Systems, 12 Minute Athlete, On the Regimen, Syatt Fitness Systems, The Greatist, Summer Tomato, Girls Gone Strong, Fat Burning Man, Muscle for Life, Fit Bottom Girls, Strength Sensei, Look Great Naked, Mark’s Daily ApplePodcasts: Rich Roll, Food Psych, Hurdle, All About Fitness, Motivated