Meditation For Children

A Book of Mindfulness

Pub Date 22 Aug 2019 | Archive Date 23 Jul 2019

Talking about this book? Use #MeditationForChildren #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Author and meditation tutor Shelley Wilson takes you on a magical journey to a calm and happy place that you and your child will love.

Children of all ages can learn and enjoy the benefits of meditation.

Designed to help access creative abilities through relaxation and imagination, these stories help develop the necessary tools needed at a young age for lifelong healthy habits of managing stress and anxiety while also improving learning skills.

Meditation for Children is a simple way to introduce children to mindfulness through guided visualization. Includes a handy reference guide and instructions.

Children of all ages can learn and enjoy the benefits of...

A Note From the Publisher

This title is also available in: Softcover ($11.95, ISBN: 978-1-947727-40-3) and Ebook: ($7.99, ISBN: 978-1-948540-55-1) For libraries print versions available through Ingram and Baker & Taylor. Ebook through Overdrive. Please note that there will be special coloring sheets available for free download at the BHC Press site on release day, as well as a special contest.

Advance Praise

"A wonderful how-to guide for parents and teachers. These techniques will help to bring balance and tranquility in an over-stimulated world. I highly recommend!" — Dr. Kimberley Taylor, DDiv., MSc, CCH, CMRM and founder of The Clearing Place

Marketing Plan

National review coverage

Early reader reviews

Online advertising and promotion

Special prepublication mailings

Select author appearances

National book festival promotion

Author run health & wellness workshops

Select in-store appearances

Author appearances at health and wellness fairs and festivals

National library outreach

Reading group guides

E-newsletter promotion

Social media promotion

External sites and blogs through both publisher’s efforts and author’s extensive blog network

National review coverage

Early reader reviews

Online advertising and promotion

Special prepublication mailings

Select author appearances

National book festival promotion

Author run health &...

EDITION Hardcover

I really enjoyed this book! It's a very short read but provides enough details so you understand why meditation is so beneficial for kids and parents. The stories included are actually guided meditations for you to read to your children. My kids love listening to these and I will be using these for a long time to come!

I really think the idea of mediation for children is awesome, it's a great concept to begin with. I do love how the book talks about how to approach meditation with children from various ages and backgrounds. I would love to see this in paperback. I recieved an ARC copy in exchange for my unbiased review.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Thank you NetGalley. What a great book for kids. This book has helped my ten year old with her anxiety / panic attacks a tad.

Cute book! I think my son might be a little old for this - he is 9 - but I am interested in trying this with my kindergarten students in the fall. There are a couple of references I know my Canadian students won’t understand (the great hall, hanging out washing) but I like that the stories are adaptable. I like the suggestion of writing our own adventures with my class.

This is a simple and simply brilliant way of introducing Meditation to children. In fact it is good for adults too! Parents, grandparents and older siblings will all benefit from reading this book to children and then applying the basic principles to themselves in a more grownup story. Say a walk in the woods, the smell cooking their favourite meal, scoring a hole in hole on the golf course! The principle is the same. We can use this book to be children again and move forward from there to meditate.

Really like that this book introduces mediation to kids, which allows kids to release stress. It's also easy to understand. Actually, adults could also benefit from reading this too.

I really enjoyed reading this book, and was quickly able to see where this kind of meditation could become a part of my routine as a teacher, and how it may have benefitted my own children had they been younger. The meditation stories are magical, and can transport a child to another world, not only exercising their mind in a meditative way, but engaging their imaginations so they can become creative storytellers in their own rights! I would definitely recommend this book, and the ideas behind it to teachers as well as parents, for a guide to start your children on the path to mindfulness and to give you a chance to create your own meditation stories! Many thanks to NetGalley, BHC Press and author Shelley Wilson for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.