Habit Swap

Mindfulness Skills to Change Habits for Good

Pub Date 28 May 2020 | Archive Date 23 Mar 2020

Talking about this book? Use #HabitSwap #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Daily practices to help you replace unhealthy habits with conscious, healthy choices.

All of us have a harmful habit we’d like to change—whether it’s unhealthy eating, excessive drinking or shopping, procrastination, compulsively checking email and texting, TV bingeing, worrying, stressful thinking, ‘busyness,’ impatience, or even aggressive driving. But no matter what your bad habit is, you have the power to change it.

From the author of the highly successful The Here-and-Now Habit, this practical guide offers everyday mindful practices for replacing unhealthy habits with healthier ones. With this book, you’ll learn to break free from stubborn behaviors, and discover the freedom and peace that come with living mindfully. You’ll also learn how to develop resilience; manage the difficult emotions that lie at the root of your bad habits; and cultivate acceptance, kindness, and curiosity.

Once you are aware of the emotions that drive your bad habits, you’ll feel empowered to make wise and beneficial choices that enhance your well-being. This go-to guide will help you, every step of the way.

Advance Praise

“This thoroughly practical book is also a profound exploration of freedom and choice. Drawing on recent science about ‘rewiring’ the brain, it explains how to become free of harmful habits of eating, drinking, speaking, and reacting. And with the gentle guidance of a senior mindfulness teacher, this process of coming home to oneself and becoming again someone who truly chooses…feels soulful, nurturing, and heartfelt. A lovely, important book.” —Rick Hanson, author of Resilient

“The good thing about habits is, through awareness, we can change them—for the better! In this witty and practical guide, Hugh Byrne shows us how to work with our mind in ways that swap bad habits for more honesty, intimacy, and harmony in our day-to-day lives. An intentional guide for those wanting to live a more mindful life.” —Ruth King, Insight Meditation teacher and author of The Emotional Wisdom Cards and Mindful of Race: Transforming Racism from the Inside Out

PRICE £12.99 (GBP)