Gardening for Geeks

All the Science You Need for Successful Organic Gardening

Pub Date 11 Feb 2020 | Archive Date 18 Aug 2020
Fox Chapel Publishing, CompanionHouse Books

Talking about this book? Use #GardeningforGeeks #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The ultimate organic gardening resource, Gardening for Geeks provides readers with everything they need to know about designing, building, and sustaining their own garden. Filled with step-by-step processes, helpful diagrams, and expert tips on the best practices, this book covers it all for anyone who dreams of gardening, even the city dweller. Starting off with the basics and progressing into more advanced concepts for a wide scope of gardening strategies and techniques, this is a comprehensive and geeky look at your favorite hobby. Founder of Gardenerd and author, Christy Wilhelmi shares her expertise to break down the biology and ecology of gardening in an easy, breezy writing style that will make you appreciate and understand gardening even more than you did before!

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781620083581

Thank you to Fox Chapel Publishing/CompanionHouse Books and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This is good, basic information. attractively put together, for beginning gardeners who want to use organic methods. I consider myself a balcony enthusiast, and my knowledge until now has come more through trial and error, so parts of this book were extremely helpful. I also enjoyed the appendixes with DIY tips. However, it did feel as though the author was trying to cover too much ground for one book, by addressing any size of garden from balcony through to largish plots of land. One other small niggle was with the photos - they were beautiful, but I would have liked pictures more specific to the text, rather than stock photos.