Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #DealWithIt #NetGalley
Does confrontation make you queasy? Do you have trouble speaking up? Find yourself delaying, putting off, and procrastinating everything that has a chance to go wrong?
Deal With It! presents a simple approach to handling confrontation that is based on science and easy to apply. Learning to deal with the people, problems and pressure in your life will make you happier, healthier, and more successful. You don't need to be a type A personality to take charge of your life and improve it. Start now and discover how you can become your own best advocate.
- Confrontation does not have to be unpleasant - Discover how
- Cure your fear of speaking up
- Become more attuned with yourself and learn to take action
- Stop being a pushover - Learn to say "No."
- Become more compassionate, handle anger better
- Learn to improve your EQ and leadership skills
- Maintain a positive outlook overall
- Enjoy less stress, better health, and more fulfilling relationships
Lahoue writes with an upbeat and engaging voice, clear command of his material, and manifest conviction. (He) shrewdly emphasizes the positive aspects of addressing uncomfortable situations... and there's clear wisdom in his suggestion that readers handle conflict with an "empathic approach" but "a firm conclusion. He presents the material with a fresh spin and a coach's warmth, and he draws upon the experience of his own life and of people he knows for unique examples. The author is admirably committed to crafting original metaphors. -Book Life