Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #YoureNotCrazy #NetGalley
THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
You’re Not Crazy: Living with Anxiety, Obsessions, and Fetishes is designed to help those who suffer deeply from anxiety and its manifestations, especially in these times of escalating mental health concerns exacerbated by the devastating pandemic.
Are you suffering from any of the following?
• Anxiety (a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome)
• Agoraphobia (an extreme or irrational fear of entering open or crowded places, of leaving one’s own home or of being in places from which escape is difficult)
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (a disorder in which a person feels compelled to perform certain actions repeatedly to alleviate persistent fears or intrusive thoughts, typically resulting in severe disruption of daily life)
• Excoriation (a compulsion to damage or remove part of the surface of the skin)
• Fetishism (a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree with a particular object, item of clothing, or part of the body)
• Conversion Disorder (exhibiting psychosomatic symptoms including blindness, the inability to speak, numbness, and paralysis).
This illuminating workbook is filled with stories of humanity at its neurotic quirkiest, and those who find life-altering transformation. The text offers readers a methodical solution that can liberate them from similar anxiety-based maladies.
Those who either suffer from such afflictions or who are family members of someone in desperate need of help will find hope in these pages as they read the stories of patients who discover empowerment, newfound confidence, and most importantly, the burst of freedom that comes with a rapid correction of maladaptive behaviors.
“Laurie Singer’s therapy is vitally effective as an adjunct to the medications I prescribe to neurotic excoriators. When I am teaching the Internal Medicine and Family Practice residents, I emphasize to them that her behavior therapy is actually the main thing that helps these patients. I don’t ever see them get better on medical therapy alone. She really provides a great service to these patients.” —Ross S. Kaplan, MD, Dermatologist
“Meant for the individual or the entire family, this is a book sincerely meant for those who feel stuck and burdened by the fears that they cannot change. With her guidance, you will get to the core of your anxiety symptoms with empathy, insight, and action. Laurie’s combination of empirically supported cognitive-behavioral therapy and behavioral therapy techniques and exercises will give you the lifeline needed to take your anxiety by the reigns and get your life back.”—Rebecca Gillogly, PsyD, clinical psychologist and licensed marriage & family therapist
“Laurie Singer changes lives! You’re Not Crazy: Living with Anxiety, Obsessions and Fetishes will undoubtedly appeal to both teens and adults who are overridden by anxious thoughts and physical signs and who are stuck in unhealthy patterns. This book also speaks to family and loved ones who struggle to understand the very personal experiences of anxiety conditions. In an informed, reader-friendly tone with meaningful real-world stories and specific techniques, Ms. Singer engages the full family to provide compassion and understanding, a sense of personal agency, life-changing choices, and hope for relief. Her unique approach using both behavioral and cognitive-behavioral techniques is extremely effective, and this book will now allow a much wider audience to engage her Stop-Choose-Start approach.” —Beverly Januszewski, Ph.D., clinical psychologist