Maia Toll's Wild Wisdom Companion

A Guided Journey into the Mystical Rhythms of the Natural World, Season by Season

Pub Date 07 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 26 Oct 2021
Storey Publishing, Storey Publishing, LLC

Talking about this book? Use #TheWildWisdomAlmanac #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Maia Toll’s Wild Wisdom series — The Illustrated Herbiary, The Illustrated Bestiary, and The Illustrated Crystallary — introduced readers to the mystical energy of the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms. In this capstone to the Wild Wisdom series, Maia Toll's Wild Wisdom Companion guides readers in developing a personalized earth-based spiritual practice using rituals, writing prompts, recipes, symbols, and reflections tied to each season.

Organized into 12 chapters — Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumnal Equinox, plus early and late stages of each of the four seasons — the book features seasonal practices; exercises for the body and for writing and reflection; plant, animal, and mineral medicine; and symbolic explorations of the gifts and challenges that arise with seasonal change. Original illustrations by Kate O’Hara illuminate the symbolic richness of the text, and 28 pop-out oracle cards plus 4 bound-in pocket pages enhance the invitation for readers to use this interactive guide as an ongoing tool for cultivating the sacred in their own lives.

PRICE A$27.95 (AUD)

Everything about this beautiful witchy reference book is amazing. The illustrations, easy to understand writing, beautiful layout...I could go on and on because this really is just a wonderful book about how to connect with nature-based spirituality a huge must do for so many of us in todays world climate.

Maia Toll has once again hit it out of the ballpark with this capstone to the Wild Wisdom series, "Maia Toll's Wild Wisdom Companion, A Guided Journey to Connect with the Mystical Rhythms of the Natural World, Season by Season". Her newest offering is sure to be finding a home on my bookshelf this fall. I found each chapter to include information from all her previous works combined into one beautiful reference book. These include elements, herbs, crystals, plants and symbols. It could not have been written any more user friendly! I am looking forward to diving head first into the current season of late Spring by working on some of the suggested activities that help us flow from air into fire. I found it serendipitous that several of the mystical energies discussed in this season have been actively appearing in my life recently such as agate (I'm currently working on a necklace with a chunky agate focal), woodpecker (at my feeders daily since putting jelly out) and mandala's (creating a crystal grid). Talk about divine timing! Scattered throughout this book, the reader will find the magnificent illustrations by Kate O’Hara that take the eyes on a visual journey. Could there be a more perfect partnership of Maia and Kate for the Wild Wisdom Series? I think not. Although I was given an advanced copy for review, I will be looking forward to purchasing Maia Toll's Wild Wisdom Companion in October as a hard copy complete with the included oracle cards. Many thanks to Netgalley and Storey Publishing for this ARC. All opinions provided are authentically my own.