Tamar

Rediscovering the God Who Redeems Me

Pub Date 19 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Tamar #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

If God can choose the Canaanite Tamar to continue the line through which Christ would come, can anything keep Him from weaving your story into His redemptive plan?

Tamar, daughter-in-law of Judah, is the first woman listed in the lineage of Christ. Mistreated, widowed twice, betrayed, and used as a prostitute . . . it seems impossible that God could redeem her story, but His plan of redemption was prewritten for all eternity—and nothing can get in His way.

Through this six-week, in-depth Bible study, you will discover that no matter life’s twists and turns or your sins and failures, there is a God working behind the seen, redeeming it all for His glory.

Tamar, daughter-in-law of Judah, is...

Author Shadia Hrichi's latest creation 'Tamar' is a must read for all the believers. Shadia writes from the heart and thats what I loved the most about this work. The choice of words, presentation and in-depth research makes it an interesting read. I would highly recommend this book and give it full 5 stars. Happy Reading

"Tamar" is part of Shadia Hrichi’s series, “Behind the seen: exploring the bible’s unsung heroes.’ This six-week study is broken into three parts and then broken into further levels of involvement for studying. Hrichi sets out a plan for those wanting light, moderate, in-depth, and all-in options ranging from study time of 15-60 minutes per day. There are 7 free videos to accompany the study guide. Tamar is an unsung hero. She is one of four women, and the first mentioned, in Jesus’ genealogy. Not only was she a woman, a widow, and a Canaanite, but she was also a misunderstood, disgraced, and betrayed woman - YET God chose Jesus’ lineage to place this woman. Hrishi explores how placing her where he did in history, shows that God compassionately understands humanity on every level and offers redemption for people who face impossible odds. I loved learning about the historical tidbits and cultural background of this little-known character of Genesis. I finished the 6 weeks feeling like I knew Tamar a little better and feeling that there’s hope for all of us. Nothing is out of God’s reach. He is working behind the 'seen'. The layout of this study guide is fantastic! It’s important to me to have room to add notes and there’s lots of room provided to add information. I love the thought-provoking questions, the fun facts, and fill in the blanks based on the readings. Publishes October 19, 2021. I was gifted this advance copy by Shadia Hrichi, Abilene Christian University Press & Leafwood Publishers, and NetGalley and was under no obligation to provide a review.