The Wild World Handbook: Creatures

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheWildWorldHandbookCreatures #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Packed with real-life tales of adventure, breathtaking illustrations, and practical tools, this handbook is an inspiring guide for the next generation of climate activists, conservationists, and nature lovers.

We share this incredible planet we call home with countless living creatures, from butterflies and falcons to koalas and dolphins. And just like us, animals everywhere are faced with the growing threat of climate change.

Featuring seven categories of creatures, this handbook offers a roadmap for change and an invitation to explore the outdoors with fascinating facts, hope-filled stories, and hands-on STEAM activities. Each chapter highlights the biographies of scientists, artists, and adventurers from diverse backgrounds who have used their passion and skills to become courageous advocates for animals around the world.

The second book in a middle-grade series for young activists and conservationists, The Wild World Handbook: Creatures empowers readers to appreciate and protect Earth’s wildlife.

Inside you will find:
   Seven incredible categories of creatures
   Fourteen inspiring biographies
   Seven kid-friendly DIY activities
   Seven fun field trips
   And much more!

Perfect for fans of Animal Planet’s The Zoo and National Geographic Kids.

PRICE CA$24.99 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

What a glorious book! The illustrations alone are stunning and should make every reader pause to enjoy them. I love the mix of facts, information, inspirational biographies, and linked activities. There is so much to do with this book. It is one to dip in and out of as there is lots to learn but it is also a book that encourages the reader to go and explore and try hands on activities that I know many children will want to go off and attempt. The book has 7 sections and they have been carefully planned so that there is definitely something for everyone. I thought the section on City Wildlife was truly inspired as this is not a natural area to explore and link to nature but it ensures that no matter where children live, they are able to relate to this book!

I love this book! Children are naturally curious, and this books shows them how wondering and collecting can lead to discoveries. Many scientists are introduced to the readers as children whose interests lead to careers. There is also a lot of great vocabulary.

So much information jam-packed into a book! Whether you want to know about wildlife,the wildlife movers and shakers or you want to follow a project to protect the environment - this book is for you!

This is a wonderful book and I'm so grateful for the ARC. O had seen this on someone's Twitter feed and knew I was going to enjoy it. A wonderful non-fiction book about creatures from around the world. Beautifully presented with loads of interesting facts. This would be very popular in the classroom. A must buy!

This is an excellent book! I know for sure that besides children, adults will enjoy it immensely. The information is easy to digest, and the illustrations are lovely. Lovely work!

Divided into seven categories of creatures, the Wild World Handbook is packed full of information for learners of all ages. Each section contains biographies of individuals influential in that field, DIY activities, field trip ideas, action points for making a difference, and more! And there are facts and information to keep kids learning for a long, long time. This handbook is broken up in a way that makes sense and keeps the reader engaged. Flowing from facts to biographies to action points, it kept me wanting to search out more and keep learning. The activities were do-able and the information was interesting without being overwhelming. I learned so much reading through this one and I know my kids will love it as well. This would make a nice addition to any homeschool or a wonderful gift for animal lovers. *Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.