Journeys with Plant Spirits

Plant Consciousness Healing and Natural Magic Practices

Pub Date 26 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 06 Aug 2021
Inner Traditions, Bear & Company

Talking about this book? Use #JourneyswithPlantSpirits #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A guide to communicating and working with plant and tree spirits for personal development, spiritual connection, inner peace, and healing

• Presents meditation journeys with specific plant and tree spirits, such as Mugwort, Rosemary, Dandelion, Yew, Elder, and Wormwood

• Details how to achieve a calm mind, cleanse your energy field, and connect with your heart in preparation for meditating with the plants

• Includes a progressive series of introductory meditations, adapted from wisdom traditions, to lay the foundation for working with plant spirits

Our ancient ancestors understood the language of nature, enabling them to communicate innately with plants. By quieting the mind through meditation, we too can tap into the vibratory resonance of plants and receive their wisdom and healing.

In this guide, Emma Farrell explains how to take your connection and relationship with nature to a deeper level and access plant spirit healing through meditation with plants. She explores the nature of plant consciousness and how plants perceive, drawing on indigenous and shamanic teachings. She details how to achieve a calm mind, cleanse your energy field, and connect with your heart in preparation for meditating with plants and trees, showing how the plants can support us not only in the cleansing process but also in teaching us how to sense what is in our energy field.

Offering a progressive series of preparatory meditations, adapted from wisdom traditions, the author reveals how to lay the foundation for working, communicating, and developing relationships with plant and tree spirits for personal development, spiritual connection, and inner peace. She then presents meditation journeys with specific plant spirits, focusing on specific frequencies within the plant’s bio-resonance to assist you. For example, the meditation with Mugwort works with the plant spirit’s qualities of alignment and self-awareness to assist you with grounding and developing inner vision, while the meditation with Dandelion helps you break old habits by working with the plant’s qualities of release, reconnection, and fearlessness.

Revealing how each plant is an expression of the soul force of Mother Nature and carries a unique blend of her medicine and wisdom, this guide details step-by-step how to effectively work with plant spirits for emotional and spiritual healing, enabling you to awaken the eternal spirit, or soul, to become truly multidimensional and whole.

• Presents meditation journeys with specific plant and tree...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Truly remarkable in its scope. Ms Farrell has written a very approachable and doable method of interacting with plant spirits in ways hat seem simple but have proved to be profound for me. The whole concept is explained with the first need to quiet the mind and then actually learning from the plant spirits themselves! I thought I couldn't do it but after reading the techniques and sitting in my backyard I found that plants really do have spirit and actually have a type of consciousness that is surprising once understood. Thirteen plants are covered and the ways to start your journey. Many examples of the authors own insights are given plus safety and common sense when looking for new information from a plant is discussed.I really recommend this book to the new generation of people looking for a connection to the earth and its remarkable creatures. Especially those who are rooted.

I have followed Emma Farrell's work via social media and her knowledge of plants and plant spirits offers some very interesting insights. But hold up: plant spirits? Plant consciousness? It is a leap, I appreciate, and when I first came across the concept I was sceptical. But I now accept it as a very important concept in understanding how all life on planet Earth is connected. And if we are to understand our role in trying to undo the damage we've done, it's vital. Plants may not look like conscious beings, but they are full of life, so why would they not have a form of consciousness, a deep knowledge even if it doesn't look like ours? Professor Suzanne Simard has shown us in her book, Finding The Mother Tree, that trees hold a form of deep wisdom, that they remember, that they have relationships, that they have families, that they protect. They communicate through their root system and they communicate by releasing phytochemicals. They may even be communicating with us as the inhalation of these phytochemicals while walking in the forest has been shown to boost the immune system. Journeys with Plant Spirits is quite a lot to take in if you're not quite on the same page or at the same speed, The beautifully illustrated Weeds In The Heart by Nathaniel Hughes & Fiona Owen may be a more accessible way of easing into this thinking. But if you're already curious about how your nettle tea 'speaks' to you, whether from a teabag, or even better, freshly foraged leaves, then this is a great book to find out more. The book focuses on the plant spirits of Mugwort, Oak, Hawthorn, Nettle, Alder, Lady's Mantle, Fireweed, Angelica, Rosemary, Dandelion, Yew, Elder, Wormwood. Of course, if you have a passing interest in plant medicine, you may also enjoy this book.