Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition)

Living Above Anxiety and Loneliness

Pub Date 13 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 17 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AnxiousforNothingYoungReadersEdition #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Our kids are under tremendous stress and pressure, with a rapidly changing culture demanding more and more from them. More attention, more screens, more intensity, more fear. Anxious for Nothing helps young people overcome the anxiety and pressures of today's world and come to a deeper understanding of God's loving presence as promised in Philippians 4:6-7, drawing on content from Max Lucado’s bestselling book of the same name.

In this chaotic age of social media, packed schedules, and an increasing awareness of the world's problems, it's normal for young people to feel overwhelmed sometimes. But the good news of the gospel has not changed. This encouraging book will help tweens and teens take control of their feelings and choose to focus on God's truth.

This much-needed book adapts content from You Are Not Alone and Anxious for Nothing. With the warmth and authenticity that has made him a beloved pastor and writer, Max Lucado middle graders and tweens:

biblical hope and powerful strategies to help them flourish amidst struggles encouragement that God is near, He cares, and He listens  truths to claim for themselves in difficult moments  practical ways to work through their worries and rely on God's faithfulness

This special edition of Anxious for Nothing also includes:

a note to kids from author Max Lucado  application questions, journal prompts, and activities that guide kids in Christ-focused mindfulness  callouts and infographics featuring relevant Bible verses, and takeaways  sidebars addressing technology-related stress

Practical, motivating, and biblically grounded, Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition) is a timely book for kids who feels overwhelmed, lonely, or anxious, or who simply want to experience God's abundant joy and peace.

This book is exactly what this generation needs! Middle school is hard enough but with anxiety on the rise tweens and teens need some lasting hope and Anxious For Nothing points them to what they need: Christ. I plan on buying a copy for my eleven year old daughter.

Max Lucado is a wonderful teacher. I enjoy his books and learning through them. This is for young readers to guide them through anxiety and answer - Why do I worry? It explains anxiety v. fear. Through explanations, guidelines, activities, questions, prayers to help young kids. celebrate God's mercy.

As a person who struggle with anxiety disorder, Any books that Help Us to see life and it's challenges through God's eyes makes me feel hopeful. This book is extremely important nowadays cause more an more, unfortunately, Young people have to deal with such thing and If as adults , We face some trouble on finding joy in the life, let alone a teenager who starting to discover about life and all this complicated and complexed world where We're living in. I am So grateful that We are making room for chating and discussing more about this essencial subject.

I am so glad This book got into my hands! It is so welcomed for young readers to have a bible based book for learning to deal with worry and anxiety. The books stands in 4 sections: celebrate god’s goodness, ask god for help, look on the bright side, think about good times. Each chapter has a “brain and heart check” with questions, activities and points to ponder and discuss. I think this book goes well also for a family read aloud.

Wonderful book for young adults to read. Max Lucado book teaches young adults how to deal with anxiety and to lean on God and His truths.

This is a wonderful book to help middle schoolers cope with the problems they have with anxiety and worry.. It would be a great book for parents to read aloud with their kids. Thank you Thomas Nelson: CHILDREN'S via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Max Lucado’s Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition)- Living Above Anxiety and Loneliness is a well-organized, thought-provoking book for young readers to help them overcome anxiety and loneliness in today’s trying times. Providing the readers with guidance helping them to focus of God’s truth, each chapter of the book is easy to read with explanations, illustrations, biblical verses, and activities. I highly recommend this book for both teens and parents to read together and discuss as they work their way through this profound and insightful book.

This is a great tool for young children dealing with anxiety and fear. The author clearly defines the difference in terms that children aged 8-11 will understand. It teaches the reader where fear and anxiety comes from and how to go to God about it. Fun graphics help explain some points and break up the text so it’s easier for young readers to follow. Sections include Celebrate God’s Goodness, Ask God for Help, Look on the Bright Side, Think about Good Things. Throughout every section, pages are peppered with Bible verses and biblical examples of historical figures who struggled with fear or anxiety. Stories are woven nicely with modern examples. Quite a few side bars illustrate stories of kids dealing with whatever issue the chapter is covering. It then asks the reader to help these fictional characters to figure out what to do. It’s a great way to get the reader to learn how to apply what they are reading about. Each chapter ends with a Heart and Brain check, questions to help the reader understand the text, but also to identify anything they need to work on to conquer their thoughts and emotions. Overall, the text is engaging (even for an adult reader), examples are up to date, and written in language 8-11 year olds will understand. I’m glad to see a book targeted for this age group in our society where anxiety is a major issue for them. I received an ecopy from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition) by Max Lucado is such a treasure. In this crazy world with so much chaos and fighting both of believers and unbelievers, kids today need to know more than ever that God is in control. This book is a beacon of hope to kids today. It shines bright with its message of God's presence and His promises. I highly recommend it for young people. I read it along with my ten year old son and he really got a lot from it. Great book! I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.

This just-out version for tweens and young teens is organized around the acronym CALM, the author’s prescription for calming anxiety and fears: Celebrate God’s goodness Ask God for help Look on the bright side (Give thanks) Meditate (Think about good things) There’s no fluff or cheesiness here, no simplistic answers. Instead, young readers will find solid information to help them understand where anxiety and fear come from, how thoughts and feelings are intertwined, and what actions help. Bible people from the Old and New Testaments appear frequently in these pages, as the author points readers again and again to God and His promises to help us. A special emphasis throughout is the role of technology and social media in feeding anxiety and loneliness and what to do about it. Sidebars with “case studies” of two fictitious students, Emma and Oliver, bring these ideas home. Every chapter ends with a “Brain and Heart Check,” questions and easy activities for kids to do to check in with their thoughts (Brain) and emotions (Heart). There’s a “How to Get Help for Anxiety” section for readers who may need to reach out for more input or professional help. This book would be a great resource for young teens to read through with a trusted parent or other adult. Anxious for Nothing: Living Above Anxiety and Loneliness written by Max Lucado with Andrea Lucado published by Tommy Nelson (2021) paperback, 6.25 x 0.5 x 9.25 inches, 192 pages Every chapter ends with a “Brain and Heart Check,” questions and easy activities for kids to do to check in with their thoughts (Brain) and emotions (Heart). CLICK TO TWEET Making God’s wonders known to the next generation, – Diane