Making Workshops Work

Creative collaboration for our time

Pub Date 13 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 06 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #MakingWorkshopsWork #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Do you face the challenge of running really effective meetings, facilitated sessions or workshops as part of your role?
Would you like to feel more confident when working with challenging groups or senior participants?
Do you want to deliver lasting results collaboratively, in virtual, hybrid and in-person environments?
Making Workshops Work takes you from an initial idea or brief, through step-by-step preparation, to an engaging, well-run and effective session, resulting in agreed actions and clear follow up. You’ll feel confident, creative and competent as you deliver great results. Everyone will be committed to their actions and afterwards, whether you meet virtually, in-person or mix the two. Penny Pullan is a pioneer of virtual working and one of the world’s leading experts on running effective workshops. Her expertise and candid stories will inspire at every stage, to ensure that you are fully prepared to make the best use of your own and your participants’ valuable time.

Discover:

A practical step-by-step guide to get the most out of group sessions quickly whether virtual or in-personMemorable case studies, stories and examples to highlight what really works and what doesn’tDownloadable tools, templates and checklists to reduce your preparation time and enhance your effectivenessReflective questions and exercises to help you develop your own approach, building on what works for you and adapting what doesn’t, so that each workshop is better than the last

ISBN 9781910056677
PRICE A$38.90 (AUD)

I frequently give workshops and seminars. One thing I have learned along the way is what works for one audience does not necessarily translate well with the next. What works in person may not work in an online environment. Facilitators must be adaptable, flexible, well-organized and confident. I'm new to facilitating online, so I picked up this book to sharpen my skills in this arena. If you're new to facilitating workshops and seminars, I highly recommend this book. Not only does it provide a good background in what to expect and key character strengths needed, author Penny Pullan provides you with templates, checklists and guides to ensure that you are prepared, organized, managing your time effectively and hitting your objectives.

I regularly give workshops, and am a confident presenter, but I always think there are new tips someone can pick up. This book is great - readable, with strategies for all people, regardless of levels of experience. There are strategies, examples, checklists and models jam-packed in this book. I highly recommend it especially for those new to presenting, or needing to rethink the objective of their presentation, but it would be of use to all presenters. Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very useful book to me. I am working on classes and workshops for a business I am creating and this book is super helpful.