Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #DarkStars #NetGalley
Dark Stars, edited by John F.D. Taff, is a tribute to horror’s longstanding short fiction legacy, featuring 12 terrifying original stories from today's most noteworthy authors, with an introduction by bestselling author Josh Malerman and an afterword by Ramsey Campbell.
Created as an homage to the 1980 classic horror anthology, Dark Forces, edited by Kirby McCauley, this collection contains 12 original novelettes showcasing today’s top horror talent. Dark Stars features all-new stories from award-winning authors and up-and-coming voices like Stephen Graham Jones, Priya Sharma, Usman T. Malik, Caroline Kepnes, and Alma Katsu, with seasoned author John F.D. Taff at the helm. An afterword from original Dark Forces contributor Ramsey Campbell is a poignant finale to this bone-chilling collection.
Within these pages you’ll find tales of dead men walking, an insidious secret summer fling, an island harboring unspeakable power, and a dark hallway that beckons. You’ll encounter terrible monsters—both human and supernatural—and be forever changed. The stories in Dark Stars run the gamut from traditional to modern, from dark fantasy to neo-noir, from explorations of beloved horror tropes to the unknown—possibly unknowable—threats.
It’s all in here because it’s all out there, now, in horror.
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National Advertising Campaign including Book Riot, The Mary Sue, and Den of Geek
- ARC Sweepstakes and Promotions on Goodreads and NetGalley
- Major #DarkStars Digital Marketing Campaign, Author Guest Posts, Social Media Promotions, and Sweepstakes
- Tor.com Promotions including Excerpts and Review
- Cross promotions with Macmillan Audio
-Email Marketing Campaign
- Author Website: https://johnfdtaff.com/
- Active on Twitter: @johnfdtaff (18K Followers)
- Active on Instagram: @JohnF.D.Taff