Hit the road Jack

Jack Ryder Mystery, book 1

Pub Date 25 Mar 2015 | Archive Date Not set
Buoy Media, Mystery Series

Talking about this book? Use #HittheroadJack #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The first heart-stopping, enthralling serial killer thriller in the million-copy bestselling Jack Ryder Mystery Series.

Ben is supposed to be in school.It's Monday morning, but his parents are still asleep after a night of heavy drinking.

Ben waits patiently, even though he knows he is missing out on today's field trip to the zoo.

But, when his black Labrador suddenly runs upstairs and comes down with a finger in his mouth, Ben knows he's not making it to school today at all.

Detective Jack Ryder is chaperoning his kids' field trip when he gets the call from the head of the Cocoa Beach Police Department.

A body has been found, and they need his help. Soon, Jack finds himself up against a killer, a predator who ruthlessly chases women and kills them so they can never leave him.

The case soon causes serious consequences for him and his family once the truth is revealed.

With her new hero, Jack Ryder, as a loving father and committed detective, a new location in tropical Florida, and a story that moves at an incredible pace, Hit the Road Jack is Willow Rose at the top of her game.

Advance Praise

3000 five-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

3000 five-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

EDITION Paperback
PRICE

I went through this rather quickly since the book had a steady pace. It did go between times in history to help build the story and link it all together, but that is well noted if you pay attention. There are many smaller moving parts and characters that help drive the story along. As well as some sub plots and love interests. We always need someone to save for the hero.

I enjoyed this thriller. I thought it had a steady pace with plenty of plot twists. I have always enjoyed this authors books and this didn’t disappoint! Thank you to publisher for chance to read this book!

Jack Ryder is a cop in Cocoa Beach, FL. He has young twins (boy and girl) and a teenaged daughter that he adopted when her single mother who was Jack's partner died in a police action. They live in a condo on the beach near the small tourist motel his parents are running in their retirement. Jack gets involved in some interesting cases. I'll just stop right here and say that I chose 4 of Willow Rose's books to review, never having heard of this author before, but always a fan of a good law enforcement story. Wow! I was hooked immediately. I then discovered that Ms. Rose is a prolific writer and proceeded to order all her books from 3 of her series so I could read the WHOLE story. I had a reading marathon. I am hooked and can't wait to read more. Highly recommend anything by this author! I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Hit the Road Jack is another hit by Willow Rose! I especially love all the details that she weaves into her storytelling. Ben should be in school, but his parents are still sleeping after a long night of partying. He tries waiting, even though it means that he'll miss the field trip to the zoo. But his dog, Bobby, unexpectedly runs up to his parent's room and that leads Ben to a gruesome discovery. Detective Jack Ryder is driving the bus for his twins' field trip and receives a call from the head of the Cocoa Beach Police Department. Since a body's been found, they need him on location. Soon, he finds himself dealing with a killer, someone who ruthlessly hunts women. Soon the case causes serious repercussions for Jack and his family as more facts come to light.

Good mystery and what could be further from anyone's mind than a brutal murder and the son downstairs with the husband in the bed next to the victim. Jack Ryder moved to Cocoa Beach to get away from this type of detective work but here he is again. He can get away from it by surfing and being with his twins. His mom & dad are right next door and such a help. Oops! There is another murder and a disappearance. Is this the beginning or has it been going on but just not in their community. You must read for yourself.

I truly enjoyed this fast paced story, didn't want to out it down. Thrilling and exciting! I love how the past met the present in a seamless fashion. I can't wait to read the next in the series.

I discovered Willow Rose on NetGalley and cannot wait to read each and every one of her novels now. "Hit the Road Jack" is a light, easy read but full of suspense. I loved this novel so much, and highly recommend you find her novels and sit down for a long read!

Willow Rose's books are not for everyone. They are not the normal, follow the guidebook to the desired destination type of books. She writes a little bit of every genre ther is and will definitely mix them up to give a story a good twist. That being said....I "buy" Rose's books without reading the synopsis. Yes, many of her books are free, but I'd still buy them. You are guaranteed a different kind of story that will cause you to say....HMMMM. I recommend them to my reading family simply because they are different. This is the 1st book in the Jack Ryder series. Ryder is a police detective who solves unusual crimes using unusual methods. I found the book both enjoyable and a quick read. Willow Rose is a prolific writer with an impressive back library. Enjoy her work.